Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8, 2010, 12:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
The 1366 is the way I'd go. The 950 foer just a bit more is pretty good, especially if he's not going to do a heavy overclock.
The P6X58D-E is a better choice imho. I own one and love it.
The Corsair psu is a better choice imho, however I've never owned the other which has a respectable rep.
The suggestion of a WD black is a good one as well, though you can't go wrong with either.

Everything chosen with some possible changes will make a pretty darn good system. I'm sure he'll enjoy the new system.
How is the corsair PSU a better choice, when the internals are actually MADE by seasonic?

OP, I agree with all of your choices in post 5. Don't get a velociraptor, they're a waste of money, get an SSD like you originally planned.

All parts aside.. what is he using for a monitor? That's a pretty vital choice when building an image editor for any serious work.
Old September 8, 2010, 01:30 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

In my latest iteration, I included the SSD and Velociraptor. But on that point, it may be better to just spend the raptor money on a higher capacity SSD since PS uses the boot disk as the scratch disk by default- if it's more than large enough to hold all his programs then it should serve well in both purposes. Asked about the monitor.

Any case recommendations? He did choose the RV02 himself but I don't think he's too set on it. I think we could do better, I remember some issues pointed out when HWC reviewed it.