Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18, 2010, 07:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

ahh.. wish I got here sooner. I used to own an Antec Sonata III - it's great for "being silent" but has terrible cable management. You'll see.. the power supply is non modular (obviously) and a PITA to route cables to the motherboard without looking like the terminator took a dump in your case (to quote a guy from NCIX, lol)
Anywho, good build otherwise. Cheers.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old August 18, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think that your build will work out great and with room for an upgraded CPU down the road (if needed). Definitely a good idea to have squeezed the 460 into budget.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
ahh.. wish I got here sooner. I used to own an Antec Sonata III - it's great for "being silent" but has terrible cable management. You'll see.. the power supply is non modular (obviously) and a PITA to route cables to the motherboard without looking like the terminator took a dump in your case (to quote a guy from NCIX, lol)
Anywho, good build otherwise. Cheers.
Not like it matters how it looks, there's no window. As long as they're out of airflow's way, I don't see the issue.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:50 PM
Banned
F@H

i read a review a little back, and by doing a crazy job with the cables+modular psu they improved case flow by some 10-15%. it looked really neat, al lcables out the way, nothing above ram height. i think it took the guy 10-12 hrs planning+doing.

worth the effort? if youre not taking anything appart for the next 12 months? yup. some of us twinkle with their pcs more often that that and it can be a pain
Old August 18, 2010, 10:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I will definately post a build log and let you see how it goes.

As for the build itself, it is not for me, I am helping my girlfriend's brother building a gaming pc, since he has absolutely no idea whats the difference between intel and amd, nvidia and ati/amd, etc... So I could not let him go to futureshop and get an acer or something. As for me, I have a EX58/i7920/4870/SSD build, but I am actually jealous of the GTX460 but I don't think it would be wise to upgrade right now over a 4870. I'll wait for the next-gen to come out, my 4870 still works very well. I also modded the Antec 900 to get some kind of cable management system, which was totally lacking of. My (own) case looks really good and clean, not sure if I actually want to go through all that trouble again for him though, it was soooo long to do. Had to buy some drilling bits and stuff to make big holes to route cables. Would do it again for myself, not so sure for someone else.