Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2010, 05:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I'd suggest going with either the 640GB or 1TB version instead. Far faster drives.

Otherwise pretty solid build. Normal Corsair HX850 would suffice and non-GT RAM would do too, but that's up to you.
thanks ;D I changed it to a 640GB now, and about the PSU, I'm going for a 620W for now (Corsair HX), just to get the machine running in my current setup. I'll upgrade to a 1500W by november.

Also I'll stick to the Dominator-GTs for the color scheme ^^
Old August 8, 2010, 10:05 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closed Note View Post
Also I'll stick to the Dominator-GTs for the color scheme ^^
Now that's what I love to see in systems, especially if you've got the budget to do it for sure!

Getting back on track here, unless you've got another use for the HX620 later on after you get the 1500+, then I would get the bigger unit now. Better off getting the right unit the first time then paying out more to get it right the second time around.

I would suggest Corsair's AX1200 Pro Series Gold 1200W unit your build, taking the future upgrades in mind, as it's an excellent unit especially with power efficiency!
Old August 8, 2010, 01:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

the prices just dropped today at my local store for PSUs, unfortunately, they don't have any decent power supplies in stock, so I either go for a Cooler Master 1200W Gold Series, or the In Win 1500W. (But then I couldn't run a 4-way SLI.)

Now I've never heard of In Win before, but according to a review it has >88% efficiency, which makes it Silver Certified right or am I wrong here?

And the swiss pc stores don't seem to carry any 1500W PSUs besides of the Thermaltake and the In Win, and that Thermaltake PSU is an absolute no go according to the reviews I've read.

Does anyone have any experiences with In Win PSUs? It seems like they even give lifetime warranty when one registers it online ..

Last edited by Closed Note; August 8, 2010 at 01:16 PM.