Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2010, 05:07 AM
Top Prospect

I love everything about this build and I do agree with getting an SSD with a 1TB drive for backup (at minimum). Also I would still get EVGA gpu cards as their warranty does look like it will hold up in Australia, I can't see why not and it would be illegal there if EVGA did state that they offer a limited lifetime warranty and didn't honour it!

Good luck with your build TokeR

PS. If someone does come Australia and they can't spell it right, then I'm calling it on them to LEARN TO DO SO CORRECTLY! I'm a proud AUSTRALIAN and I really dislike people spelling their own country's name wrong!

Also if you use google chrome (I don't know if any other browser does it), like I do, it will pick up on spelling mistakes while you are typing out your post! So come on guys & girls, get with the damn program will ya!
Old July 27, 2010, 06:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

G.skill is probably the way to go for memory. Way cheaper compare to corsair and she is killer. That's why most of us and high end user use it. As for the CPU block, you can also look at the EK supreme HF they are pretty good looking and you can get a red acetal one to fit your mobo:P with red UV liquid some red cathode and all red sleeved cable extension with a RED EVGA card and RED G.skill this will look awesome ahahah

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 27, 2010, 07:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I went with EVGA for my 480's because I wanted the highflow brackets and backplates included with the SC+ versions. For WC, it maybe worth consider (if available in your area), the EVGA HC FTW. I think those are tested to ensure the chips are the better ones of the lots for overclocking.
Old July 27, 2010, 01:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlilmissmjx View Post
I love everything about this build and I do agree with getting an SSD with a 1TB drive for backup (at minimum). Also I would still get EVGA gpu cards as their warranty does look like it will hold up in Australia, I can't see why not and it would be illegal there if EVGA did state that they offer a limited lifetime warranty and didn't honour it!

Good luck with your build TokeR

PS. If someone does come Australia and they can't spell it right, then I'm calling it on them to LEARN TO DO SO CORRECTLY! I'm a proud AUSTRALIAN and I really dislike people spelling their own country's name wrong!

Also if you use google chrome (I don't know if any other browser does it), like I do, it will pick up on spelling mistakes while you are typing out your post! So come on guys & girls, get with the damn program will ya!
Thanks, I guess I will just have to put in the effort and look for the warranty information myself. Hey as a fellow Australian, do you know any good online stores to buy this kind of hardware from? I use shopbot.com.au but I don't know if I trust it too much yet.. Also would be cool to have one store that sells the lot like Americas Newegg..

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
G.skill is probably the way to go for memory. Way cheaper compare to corsair and she is killer. That's why most of us and high end user use it. As for the CPU block, you can also look at the EK supreme HF they are pretty good looking and you can get a red acetal one to fit your mobo:P with red UV liquid some red cathode and all red sleeved cable extension with a RED EVGA card and RED G.skill this will look awesome ahahah
Awesome, I will probably be using G.Skills then.. Any recommendations? Thanks for the CPU block & theme advice sounds good. Luckily the LEDS and coolant is pretty cheap because I already bought some ice blue before I got anything but I guess the colour scheme will have to change now.. well we will see what happens.

Thanks!
Old July 27, 2010, 05:55 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokeR View Post
Thanks, I guess I will just have to put in the effort and look for the warranty information myself. Hey as a fellow Australian, do you know any good online stores to buy this kind of hardware from? I use shopbot.com.au but I don't know if I trust it too much yet.. Also would be cool to have one store that sells the lot like Americas Newegg..
I would recommend Personal Computer Solutions - Home it's a Queensland based company and they accept many types of payment ie. credit cards, paypal, bank transfers, money orders etc.

I haven't used it myself as I'm in Canada, and have been for 5 years now, but mates back home highly recommend it

I would love to see newegg open an aussie online store or even NCIX.com as they both have great websites and ncix.com has multiple payment options like pcsol.com.au! NCIX.com also has a few retails stores in Vancouver, British Columbia and Markham, Ontario which is really sweet if your local to them and would prefer to do things in person, especially if you want peace of mind when purchasing or have any technical issues and want to take your pc in for repair! They also have a great customer service call centre where you can submit a request for call back so if you have questions about a product, want to add/remove something from your order, etc you can get a real person to help you out with whole process.
Old July 27, 2010, 09:49 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlilmissmjx View Post
I would recommend Personal Computer Solutions - Home it's a Queensland based company and they accept many types of payment ie. credit cards, paypal, bank transfers, money orders etc.

I haven't used it myself as I'm in Canada, and have been for 5 years now, but mates back home highly recommend it

I would love to see newegg open an aussie online store or even NCIX.com as they both have great websites and ncix.com has multiple payment options like pcsol.com.au! NCIX.com also has a few retails stores in Vancouver, British Columbia and Markham, Ontario which is really sweet if your local to them and would prefer to do things in person, especially if you want peace of mind when purchasing or have any technical issues and want to take your pc in for repair! They also have a great customer service call centre where you can submit a request for call back so if you have questions about a product, want to add/remove something from your order, etc you can get a real person to help you out with whole process.
Thanks, the site looks good seems to have most of the things I need. I will definitely consider buying my parts from there.

A Newegg/NCIX in Australia would be awesome especially considering they both normally have a really good price tag on most the products, bet you're enjoying the cheaper hardware & great stores over there.. Someone should really open up a website and maybe a store with the quality of NCIX or Newegg considering there really is no competition to those kinds of websites here.. they are all not very well presented and you normally need to go to a few different stores to buy all the parts..

Thanks again!
Old July 28, 2010, 08:20 AM
Top Prospect

Hey TokeR,

Scrap that website I suggested to you earlier mate, its a stinker of a site and not in a good way! I had to do some research to find you a REAL decent one and damn that was a bugger to do!

The site I really like PERSONALLY is ITSdirect – Buy Systems & Parts at Australia’s Only Service Based Online Computer Superstore! as they have a really professional website which is a breeze to browse through, their payment options are by credit card, direct deposit, money order & cheque and they even have support by MSN chat! It's another Queensland based company, specifically on the Sunshine Coast (you should get up there to see it for yourself one day as it's so beautiful!).

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new site I'm recommending to you, sorry about the other one mate!
Old July 28, 2010, 08:58 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wow thanks so much for all this, I really appreciate you helping me out when you really didn't need to, This site does look allot cleaner and well put together.

Thank you so much!
Old July 28, 2010, 11:51 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have come down to two choices of Ram.. which would you guys pick?

1.) G.Skill 6GB Trident (2000MHz & 9-9-9-24) $265 Australian Dollars. ($245 CAD)
2.) G.Skill 6GB (1600MHz & 6-8-6-20-2N) $285 Australian Dollars. ($263 CAD)

So I don't know a whole lot about ram all I know is you want high MHz and Low Timings.. so it looks like to me that one of these sets (1.) is high speed but lower timing and (2.) is lower speed but more aggressive timings..

That's what it looks like to me anyway, Also one is cheaper than the other but not by much so it's not much of a problem to me..

Which would you guys pick?
Old July 28, 2010, 06:04 PM
Top Prospect

It's all good mate Anything to help out another enthusiast

I would go with the 1st set, speed and capacity is what we are all about for enthusiasts! Plus it comes in cheaper so thats a plus too