Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

why do you have 3 fans on that HSF?

That is useless and I'm sorry but way to much led in that case.
Old August 7, 2010, 06:18 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
why do you have 3 fans on that HSF?

That is useless and I'm sorry but way to much led in that case.
Hahaha its not 3 fans, its a shroud and 2 fans. I'm thinking i might switch it around so its inbetween the fan and the Ven-x, but I'm out of zip ties

And yes, i know, there's a lot of blue in there, but i got a good deal on the two Yate Loon's I've got on the CPU, they are both 1300rpm and cool it pretty well. And the bottom one is an Antec Tricool that i had kickin around, and it helps keep my gpu nice and cool.

The other leds are just the ones on my board, they were going off red when i took the pic because all i had plugged in was the power, they are a nice blue color right now.
Old August 12, 2010, 01:15 PM
Top Prospect

Little update, im getting rid of the 2 tons of metal hanging off my board, and i picked up some cheap parts

Just waiting on a few more little parts, and i'll have this puppy under some water :)

Oh yeah, and i ended up switching the shroud around on the Ven-X, gave a nice temp drop, dont know what i was thinking putting it on the outside the first time :p

Old August 28, 2010, 11:33 PM
Top Prospect

Welp, pretty much done with this rig for a while, just gotta grab me 4 120mm fans for the 932 side panel, then i need to pick up some high rpm fans for my 240 rad to drop temps a bit.

Old August 29, 2010, 04:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Builds

Looks pretty good. I like the suggestion _dangtx_made regarding the 460s, next gen gpus, best bang for the $. I would recommend the 1gb EVGA as XFX doesn't do Nvidia any more. Enjoy the new system as I'm certain you're doing, probably even as we post these comments.
Old August 29, 2010, 04:15 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Looks pretty good. I like the suggestion _dangtx_made regarding the 460s, next gen gpus, best bang for the $. I would recommend the 1gb EVGA as XFX doesn't do Nvidia any more. Enjoy the new system as I'm certain you're doing, probably even as we post these comments.
Hehehe yes, im loving it! Having a little difficulty hitting 4.7, my ram doesn't seem to want to do 1333MHz let alone 1600MHz no matter what i throw at it, I'm thinking your right on the 460's :) Those along with some fans will be the next order from NCIX :D I'm gonna have to wait to hear back from gskill about the ram too, im not sure if its my board, or the ram that's causing the issues, but if an RMA doesnt fix it, then they are getting sold and replaced with some 2000MHz sticks :D