Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2010, 08:31 AM
Rookie

Default Motheboard BIOS?

I've just bought some new computer components, including a new mobo and CPU.
I got the 1055t AMD CPU with a gigabyte motherboard. I was looking at the CPU compatibility list and it says the CPU is supported but under version FB of the BIOS. So, what I am wondering is, if my motherboard comes with FA on it by default, will it still start up with the 1055t CPU, or will I have to update the BIOS before it'll even use the CPU at all.

Thanks
Old June 24, 2010, 08:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Although I haven't tried the newest GB Boards, what I do know from past experience is it will boot up with the chip, it just won't see the new 'Cores'.

Your best bet is to put the new BIOS On a Flash Drive and Flash it from the BIOS (Q-Flash I believe) and then fire it up. But it should boot at least.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 24, 2010, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

even if you need to flash it should still boot ( amd chips ) then update bios for all features and cores of the new chip to be recognized. intel chips a lot will just not boot. in my experience
Old June 24, 2010, 05:25 PM
Rookie

Thanks guys, wasn't sure if I was going to have to flash before I started up or not. Also, does anyone know if gigabyte auto updates the drivers it comes with or should I just get the newest stuff from their website instead of installing what's on the disc?
Old June 24, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just get the newest one form gigabyte web site/s