Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2010, 06:29 PM
Allstar

Default Music Recording Computer

Hey guys im looking to make a pc for a friend that has all kinds of keyboards and musical instruments like guitars and stuff hooked up to a mixer, which then is supposed to go into the computer.

I have pasted the required information for the build below, any suggestions will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.

-light to no gaming
-recording music from mixer and doing edits

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread

The guy is rich as heck, but im looking for broad price range to show him what kind of builds we can get into. Around $800-1600 maybe

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

Pretty much all from NCIX or Direct Canada

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

Intel, everything else doesnt matter

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

Monitor

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.

Yep

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

Default Speeds

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?

Within 2 weeks or so

9. What resolution do you use?

1650x1050 but im also looking into 1080

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old June 14, 2010, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure what sound card/connectors you would need for such devices but if he ever wants to take his computer around with him, an Itx Core i5 build would be perfect for his needs. He can have a pretty quiet build using integrated graphics on the H55 motherboards along with an SSD. I can probably whip up a quick list of parts if you want.

(Off topic but I keep getting reminded of this site MusicXPC Products whenever somebody mentions music pc, biggest rip off ever)