Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2010, 11:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Nothing wrong with the Classified!

Classifieds are very good boards, especially if you get the lifetime warranty ones. EVGA is one of my favorite companies because of their customer support and stance on Overclocking. I wish EVGA would make AMD/ATI products!

As far as no one singing the praise of the Classy boards go to the EVGA forums and read about the X58 boards.

EVGA Forums

I don't know much about the ASUS Rampage boards, never had one.
Old June 13, 2010, 05:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
The classified boards are awesome. I've never run across anyone who owns one who was unhappy with it, including me. The RE3 is fairly new, so not a lot of people have them yet. Either would be a good fit in your build.

Yes, MM is Mountain Mods. And I wouldn't buy 470/480's unless you do Folding@Home.
Further research say's The EVGA Classified is an excellent board , the only thing I can't seem to get a definate answer on is if the Classified can SLI and or Crossfire .
I would like to be able to use eithe as I can't decide on vid cards .
Old June 13, 2010, 05:32 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
Further research say's The EVGA Classified is an excellent board , the only thing I can't seem to get a definate answer on is if the Classified can SLI and or Crossfire .
I have done some searching and it seems they do support crossfire.
Old June 13, 2010, 08:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
It uses the X58 Chipset, which supports both CrossfireX and SLI
Old June 13, 2010, 08:41 PM
Banned
F@H

altough they need it enabled in bios/drivers or such right? last i checked not all boards did both out of the box ahem
Old June 14, 2010, 06:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Builds

I would reconsider putting 2 SSDs in raid. Perhaps you could pm AkG regarding this. From a previous thread he explained that performance isn't really gained and in fact is detrimental to the life of SSDs, if I remember correctly.
Old June 14, 2010, 07:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
I would reconsider putting 2 SSDs in raid. Perhaps you could pm AkG regarding this. From a previous thread he explained that performance isn't really gained and in fact is detrimental to the life of SSDs, if I remember correctly.
Good plan ,I don;t know if I'm a real fan of raid on my home computers , thats why I bought a home server for regular backups and such . I had heard that there can be a considerable increase in speed with a raid 0 setup though. (NEED MORE RESEARCH) I am just not sure if its worth the hassle. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for ,thanks guys
Old June 14, 2010, 07:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
altough they need it enabled in bios/drivers or such right? last i checked not all boards did both out of the box ahem
I have searched EVGA's web site and I can find no mention of crossfire anywhere , I wrote an email to them in their support section asking if the Classified does support Crossfire or not but so far no reply. The only thing I have found is a few peeps on different forums saying that the Classified does support Crossfire but no way to confirm it, I really don't want to be tied to only one vid card architecture , I was thrilled when Nvidia and Intel finally kissed and made up so we could have either makes on our boards
Old June 14, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This case is mentioned frequently as WC friendly...

NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster ATCS840 ATX Tower Case Black 6X5.25 6X3.5INT 1X3.5EXT Front USB Firewire eSATA Audio - RC-840-KKN1-GP In Canada.
Old June 14, 2010, 08:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

All X58 boards support Crossfire natively. Some manufacturers (like EVGA) licensed the BIOS extension from Nvidia to enable SLI on their motherboards as well. EVGA doesn't sell ATI graphics cards, so they don't mention Crossfire in their marketing literature anywhere as they want you to buy EVGA GPU's.

Sorry, I was busy most of the weekend or I would have cleared that up for you.