Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   monitor discontinued (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/33065-monitor-discontinued.html)

LacrosseTown June 10, 2010 05:33 PM

monitor discontinued

well the 23' syncmaster was discontinued at 234$ anyone now any good monitors that are near there??

thanks!

edit: found this monitor is that good??
NCIX.com - Buy LG W2343T-PF 23IN 1920X1080 1080P Black LCD 5ms 30000:1 DVI VGA Monitor - W2343T-PF In Canada.

edit again: this must be from ncix as im not canceling just replacing so please stay as close as possible to the price! thanks!

stoanee June 10, 2010 06:12 PM

Samsung SyncMaster 2494SW 24in Widescreen LCD, Black Customer Reviews

Free shipping!

ilya June 10, 2010 06:19 PM

The 2343BWX was/is my favourite monitor of all time.
Discontinued makes me sadface. :(

LacrosseTown June 10, 2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilya (Post 389693)
The 2343BWX was/is my favourite monitor of all time.
Discontinued makes me sadface. :(

when i got the email my reaction was:
noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shok:

bignick277 June 10, 2010 06:29 PM

Pro's:

- 1080p capable
- Decent Resonse time.

- Good Contrast Ratio (Although it would be a good idea to download the manual as that contrast ratio is undoubtably Dynamic Contrast, not Typical Contrast. As long as Typical is at least 1000:1 or more, then it should be good. It claims 10,000 typical, but I highly doubt that for that price. Especially for a TN Panel. That's definately gotta be a typo.)

- HDCP Compliant (This is a big plus point. Especially if you plan to watch Blu-Rays on your computer.)
- Viewing angle ratio is not bad

Con's:

- Brightness is a bit low

- No HDMI interface (This is becoming very important with computers and modern GFX cards these days. DVI-D is on it's way out.)

Subjective impressions based on specs are that this seems to be a decent spec'd monitor "for the price". But simply reading the specs is not enough... Specs do not always indicate real world performance. Such color accuracy, backlight bleeding and many more things. I would recommend you read both "Professional" and "Customer" reviews and then come to a decision. But I can assure you as someone who recently bought a new monitor myself, there are a lot of better options than this monitor out there for good prices. It just takes time and a lot of reading. Especially multiple professional reviews from several different sources.

Hope this helps a bit.

On a side note: Many may not agree with me, but personally, for gaming and all round use, I still prefer 16:10 monitors over 16:9 monitors.

_dangtx_ June 10, 2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoanee (Post 389688)

*looks for free shipping thing at memexpress......

bignick277 June 10, 2010 06:46 PM

Right... I get what you mean now... You already ordered and need an alternative from the same site to ammend your order... In that case, I would recommend either of these 2. Both are a little bigger. Have HDMI support, HDCP (High Definition Copyright Protection) compatible and have considerably better specs than the one you posted above. One is cheaper and the other is a bit more expensive, but if you work the customer care right, they will most likely price match it for you. I had the same thing happen the other day and managed to get a better item price matched. It can't hurt to try... Just be nice about as that will give you best chance.

Here are the 2... The more expensive one is LED not LCD, so keep that in mind.

NCIX.com - Buy BenQ E2420HD 24IN 16:9 Widescreen Black LCD Monitor 2MS 50000:1 1920X1080 2XHDMI DVI VGA 4XUSB Hub - E2420HD In Canada. (has both HDMI and DVI-D and VGA... Also has USB's... Better spec'd all round... 2ms response time)

NCIX.com - Buy BenQ V2410 24IN LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 5000000:1 Black HDMI - V2410 In Canada. (this one is only HDMI and VGA. But still has good specs as well. 5ms response time.) Bear in mind that many GFX cards these days come with DVI-D to HDMI adapters. So if the monitor doesn't come with a DVI-D to HDMI cable, you might still be OK.

Both are better spec'd than the Samsung and Asus alternatives for the same price range.

Good luck.

LacrosseTown June 10, 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bignick277 (Post 389706)
Right... I get what you mean now... You already ordered and need an alternative from the same site to ammend your order... In that case, I would recommend either of these 2. Both are a little bigger. Have HDMI support, HDCP (High Definition Copyright Protection) compatible and have considerably better specs than the one you posted above. One is cheaper and the other is a bit more expensive, but if you work the customer care right, they will most likely price match it for you. I had the same thing happen the other day and managed to get a better item price matched. It can't hurt to try... Just be nice about as that will give you best chance.

Here are the 2... The more expensive one is LED not LCD, so keep that in mind.

NCIX.com - Buy BenQ E2420HD 24IN 16:9 Widescreen Black LCD Monitor 2MS 50000:1 1920X1080 2XHDMI DVI VGA 4XUSB Hub - E2420HD In Canada. (has both HDMI and DVI-D and VGA... Also has USB's... Better spec'd all round... 2ms response time)

NCIX.com - Buy BenQ V2410 24IN LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 5000000:1 Black HDMI - V2410 In Canada. (this one is only HDMI and VGA. But still has good specs as well. 5ms response time.) Bear in mind that many GFX cards these days come with DVI-D to HDMI adapters. So if the monitor doesn't come with a DVI-D to HDMI cable, you might still be OK.

Both are better spec'd than the Samsung and Asus alternatives for the same price range.

Good luck.

thanks so much man!
i hope i get lucky, :) i've been understanding to them so far so im sure i can get it PM
wish me luck!!!!

bignick277 June 10, 2010 08:09 PM

Good Luck:thumb:

jtf2 June 10, 2010 10:01 PM

if you use an nvidia gpu BE VERY CAREFUL of the hdmi connection
i have an lg245wp with the hdmi output-no dvi

it is a royal clusterfuck,because i have to modify the inf file every time i install a new driver
this is because windows see`s the monitor as a tv and everything shifts to the left and is basically unusable without the driver hack,
to this day nvidia has done **** all to address this issue