LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2010, 04:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
if you use an nvidia gpu BE VERY CAREFUL of the hdmi connection
i have an lg245wp with the hdmi output-no dvi

it is a royal clusterfuck,because i have to modify the inf file every time i install a new driver
this is because windows see`s the monitor as a tv and everything shifts to the left and is basically unusable without the driver hack,
to this day nvidia has done **** all to address this issue
I got a asus 5870 v2 :)
Old June 11, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
*looks for free shipping thing at memexpress......
Free shipping in Canada on all online orders over $39 (front page)
Old June 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

hey guys the dude sent me an email and he said that i would haft to pay the difference for the monitor is it worth the extra money?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...Specifications
Old June 11, 2010, 10:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Link is broken... Is it the LED model I recommended above?
Old June 11, 2010, 10:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yup! the more expansive one!!!i just asked the guy if i can price match it myself... so im waiting on the reply now... here is whati would price match it too if he said yes: $239.95 Anitec.ca - BenQ V2410 24" Full HD 1920x1080 5,000,000:1 HDMI/VGA LED Backlit LCD Monitor (Black) (V2410)
Old June 11, 2010, 10:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you can get him to price match it to that... Go for it... Definately... I've been digging for reviews on that monitor for you, but it seems like it's still a little new, so I'm having trouble locating one... Customer reviews on the other hands seem to show that people really like it. Customer reviews average rating for this monitor is around 9.2. But without a couple professional reviews, I couldn't give a definitive answer in many important areas. Customer reviews are great for reliability and user experience information. But unbiased professional reviews are better for other areas that most customers miss or leave out.
Old June 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yup, im hoping for a review to pop up soon! cause all my other gear had arrived at me house now im missing the monitor!! and im comming home in a week!!!

nice! well he didn't accept my offer because it was a sell but he did bring it down to 250!!! that's great saving 20 bucks !!!
thanks everyone for the help! i will be ordering soon and going to do a nice review on it for all of you guys!

Last edited by LacrosseTown; June 11, 2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old June 11, 2010, 01:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nice work man... Glad to see it worked out for you. Enjoy your new monitor.

Sorry for the delay... I had a build issue with my new case regarding the top mounted fans and my Lian Li PCI fan controller. Fan wires for top mounted fans simply weren't long enough. I have 3 top mounted fans I needed to connect, but only 2 extensions... Ended up having to break out my favorite modding tool. My good old Dremel. Best multipurpose tool I've ever bought. Damn I love this thing. Drilled a hole on the back of my Cosmos S near the top just to the bottom right of the water cooling tube holes. Cut the PCI plate with the cutting disc (and dulled the edges with the grinding stone bit) so I could mount it inside the case and screwed it in place. Now I only needed one extension for the top fan nearest the front. The only annoying part of the mod was I had to remove a little of the acoustic sound dampening material I just installed a couple days ago in order to fit the controller board properly. Tested it with a crap system I use for testing certain components and was very happy to see I didn't accidentally break it in the process of installing the mod. That's just put me in a real good mood. That's been bugging me for days... I'm so glad it worked.

BTW... I'll probably be going down in the next couple hours to start moving my components from my old case to my new. Once I start I'll be down for a while. For the meantime... Eat, smoke, drink and tie up remaining loose ends before I start.
Old June 11, 2010, 03:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

sweet man glad it worked out well!!!
yeah i'm planning to start modding in a year or two including airbrushing! :D

c ya arrouned man and gl with the mod!
Old June 20, 2010, 08:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So, how has the monitor worked out for you... You happy with the different choice? I finally got my rig rebuild finished. Damn thing threw a few more curve balls (the kind that made me swear a lot) at me during the rebuild, but I finally sorted out all the issues. I'm really happy with the new build config. It's a lot quiter than my old set up... And surprisingly, considerably faster and more stable than the old set up. Very surprising since the only hardware changes I made was a motherboard, 2 new hard drives, a CPU heatsink (bracket for heatsink was one of the issues that made me swear) and this time using on board audio card for front panel audio (Xonar D2 for main audio is same as before). Config wise, same as before except I got rid of the RAID in favor for a 4 tier hard drive setup instead. Other than that, it's essentailly the same system all round. What about you? Did you only buy a monitor, or was your monitor for a new build? Either way, how did it work out.