Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2010, 05:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Upgrading my Case+PSU

Hey all, currently I'm running the system to the right. My case and PSU are an Antec 1200 and CP-850. I've been looking at different cases due to a couple problems I have with my case, mainly front-panel audio problems and the general look of it (its a bit too gamey for me). Having looked around, I've come to the conclusion that the case I really really want is the Silverstone Fortress FT02. If I get this case, I'm also going to have to sell my CP-850. As a replacement, I was looking at the Antec Truepower 750 or Corsair HX750.

So, a couple of questions. If I sell my Case + PSU together, do you think $200 or $225 is reasonable?
I got $150 as a gift, so the FT02 and HX750/TP750 won't really cost that much, maybe like $50? I'm thinking that's a reasonable cost to upgrade to such a beautiful case.
Lastly, I currently have a Titan Fenrir. Sadly, it won't mount east/west on AMD motherboards, so when the motherboard is turned 90 degrees it will be facing the wrong way - towards the psu. Does anyone know of any way to mount it the other way on AMD mobos? If it doesn't, how much could I sell it for and what should I upgrade to? Hopefully not spending that much money.

To the mods, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread. Hopefully it is, but if not, go ahead and move it.
Old June 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could swap out the blue led fans for some non led'ed ones for the "less gamey" look.

I guess you could sell the case/psu for 300 (toward <<< end) but i don't really see the point in doing so...

Also, i don't understand why you need to sell the psu? Is it to offset the cost?

-Plato
Old June 6, 2010, 05:26 PM
Banned
F@H

not sure on the costs of those.possibly in that range

if i were you id use teh cash to get a much better gpu for thine games :)
Old June 6, 2010, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Also, i don't understand why you need to sell the psu? Is it to offset the cost?
The CP-850 is a proprietary design to some Antec cases. I've never seen one personally, but it's somewhere around double the height of a standard ATX PSU (Two PCBs).
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 6, 2010, 05:50 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The CP-850 uses a special large form factor that only fits in a few Antec cases, including the 1200.
Old June 6, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
The CP-850 uses a special large form factor that only fits in a few Antec cases, including the 1200.
But that CP-850 didn't come with that case did it?
Old June 6, 2010, 06:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
You could swap out the blue led fans for some non led'ed ones for the "less gamey" look.

I guess you could sell the case/psu for 300 (toward <<< end) but i don't really see the point in doing so...

The PSU wouldn't fit in any other case beside the 1200, P193, and P183. I don't imagine many people would buy it just by itself, so I was just gonna sell it with the 1200 so I wasn't left with a PSU that didn't fit in any other case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
But that CP-850 didn't come with that case did it?
No, I bought it separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
not sure on the costs of those.possibly in that range

if i were you id use teh cash to get a much better gpu for thine games :)
Problem with that is I don't play many games, and any that I do my 4870 eats for breakfast. Well, not counting crysis, but I am happy with the IQ and framerates I get from the 4870 for the odd moments that I play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
The CP-850 is a proprietary design to some Antec cases. I've never seen one personally, but it's somewhere around double the height of a standard ATX PSU (Two PCBs).
About 1 1/2 height of standard ATX.
Old June 6, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphikratous View Post
About 1 1/2 height of standard ATX.
Close enough. Like I said, I've never seen one.

I completely forgot to add this to my first post. I really don't think it's worth the swap. Sure, now you're thinking it'll be awesome, look better, etc, but when you get everything up and running, how often do you look at your case?

As for the front panel audio problems, why not just use the connectors on the back? If you have to, just grab an extension and you're good to go.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 6, 2010, 06:14 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The CPX form factor is about 40mm taller than the ATX form factor so it can fit a 120mm fan vertically compared to an 80mm fan.
Old June 6, 2010, 06:27 PM
Banned
F@H

surely theres must be cases out there big enough for that cp psu? :)

theyre big yes. put a couple in antecs. its like a small hyppo lol.

cool, so no games.