Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2010, 04:35 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Best Case for Under $90

Hi I am building a new rig for my grandparents (I'm 12) and Am wondering what are some good cases for under $90. The case I am looking at right now is the NZXT Lexa S

NCIX.com - Buy NZXT LEXA S ATX Mid Tower Case Black 4X5.25 7X3.5INT Front USB Audio eSATA No PS - LEXA S In Canada.

But If my Grandparents don't like it, I will need an alternative. I know that they like the cases with side windows, (I have cool Grandparents) and I already know about these cases.

NCIX.com - Buy NZXT M59 ATX Mid Tower Case Black 4X5.25 7X3.5INT Rear & Side 120MM Fans Included *No PSU* - M59 In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy NZXT Beta Evo ATX Mid Tower Case 4X5.25 5X3.5INT No PS Front Audio USB Black - BETA EVO In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster CM 690 II Basic ATX Mid Tower Case Black 4X5.25 6X3.5INT Front USB eSATA Audio *No PSU* - RC-692-KKN3 In Canada.

Is there any other good cases under $90.
Old May 30, 2010, 04:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Take a look at the HAF 922. I personally think it's better than all the cases you listed... Well, except for the CM 690 II if you add some fans to it.
Old May 30, 2010, 04:39 PM
Banned
F@H

yup, get the 922 on sale. else the 690 II is not bad, but not for 90 bucks. nzxt cheaper oens around 50-60 do offer quite the bang per buck as well
Old May 30, 2010, 04:44 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

thx for the fast replies. I dont think they would like the HAF 922 it looks to mean. But ill show it to them.
Old May 30, 2010, 04:54 PM
Banned
F@H

well the military colored ones are indeed too aggressive....something that doesnt look too mean?

asus has a couple, really cheap too...suggested one to me bud for his kids build. round, looking frog like lol
Old May 30, 2010, 05:01 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

You can always try the coolmaster scout
Old May 30, 2010, 07:05 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You can't beat the HAF 922 for that price, but if they don't like it, I would recommend the 690 II. I know you're already looking at it, but in terms of quality, it's head and shoulders above any of the other cases you listed in your original post.
Old May 30, 2010, 07:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

+1 for the 690 II

Real functional case, great looks, and a price that really cant be beat when you see everything it offers
Old May 30, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I have a beta evo.....hunk of flimsy tin that is held together with frickin' screws. I think I could literally tear it down to its original components with nothing more then a screwdriver. It will be the last NZXT I own for a nice while. I don't expect value orientated cases to be made from armor plate thickness of metal....but even if it wasn't screwed together...the vibrations it makes when you actually USE the included fan ports is annoying to say the least (and this is with good Noctua NF-p12 fans).

I'd go for the 690, or 922. Good cases that work and work well. :)
Or maybe the upcoming elite 430. That one has potential too!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 30, 2010, 07:37 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Or maybe the upcoming elite 430. That one has potential too!
The Elites have pretty lackluster build quality compared to other Coolermaster cases. They're better than the average junk, but still not great.