Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2010, 10:35 AM
Trial Member

Default help with a motheboard selection

Hi, i need some help with chosing a motherboard for a new build. I have singled out a few mobos but i cant really decide on which to get.

Here are the ones that i have chosen:

MSI P55-CD53
Asus P7P55D
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3

If you have noticed already that i will be using the Socket 1156, i will be running an i5 750.

Below are the things that i will be running:

(Single) radeon hd 5770
2 sticks of ram

If you could please help me chose a motherboard which doesnt necessarily have to be from the ones that i have stated, it would be very much appreciated.

If you are going to recommend me a mobo that i have not stated, please keep the price below the ones that i have stated.

FYI i live in teh UK and i will be buying the board from the UK
Old May 17, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Builds

I would look at the P755D-E or E Pro. They come with the new 6 gb sata and Usb 3.0. These are much faster and future proofs you a little. Now I'm not sure what the pricing for these is because I used a Canadian retailer for price referencing. They're less here than your selection. I'm not sure which one you were looking at. Regardless, the next gen connectors is the way to go. The Gigabyte looks like it has potential. Try googling these mobos for reviews. That should help with your decision. Good luck and enjoy the build.
Old May 17, 2010, 01:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, if going Crossfire in the future with another 5770 is not going to happen and you don't need usb3.0 support, a Gigabyte UD2 should be your best bet. Otherwise all the motherboards are pretty much the same. I'd go with the Gigabyte in particular due to the addition of USB3.0.

Tags
asus msi gigabyte , motherbaord , selection