Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2010, 05:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Question My build V2

Please help me out with this build :)

I have taken in some suggestions and such and edited my build. I got my hands on some extra cash so I was able to switcharoo for a 5780. Also could you suggest a better case at around 150 dollars I don't know.

Also is this power supply any good? NCIX.com - Buy OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W ATX 20/24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Fan 80PLUS Power Supply - OCZ700MXSP In Canada.

This is my first computer, I consider it a goal. So any suggestion to make it better are welcome.
Old May 13, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Builds

I would change my psu to Corsair. Those supplies you're looking at are suspect. You can't go wrong with Corsair. I recently looked for a 750w and found one for sale for about $100.

Edit: I would consider the HAF 922 if you want mid size, or the HAF 932 for full size. CoolerMaster makes good cases. I would consider getting the x6 cpu which is vitually the same price, and it future proofs you with 6 cores.
Edit 2: If I could get 8 gigs of ram, that works so much better. Someone, myself included, may have some good used stuff for sale at a reasonable price. PM me if you're interested in my memory.

Last edited by fishingfanatic; May 13, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old May 13, 2010, 05:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
I would change my psu to Corsair. Those supplies you're looking at are suspect. You can't go wrong with Corsair. I recently looked for a 750w and found one for sale for about $100.

Edit: I would consider the HAF 922 if you want mid size, or the HAF 932 for full size. CoolerMaster makes good cases.
I agree with the full, but the half i would go with the cooler master storm sniper black edition comes with allot of small things that make it great!, fan controldust filters, black interior...