Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 08:10 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default Leo the dragonII build

yeah i know the title is a little humerus, its a leo system with this proc
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition


because i heard from around the forums that in gaming you only use four of the 6 cores in the hexacore so i said may as well not pay the extra 100 for cores i won't be using, any opinions suggestions for that idea?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 08:16 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

The 965 is an amazing processor from AMD. Gaming will be solid on that chip. Now, just browse through the AM3 motherboard reviews here and find a board with the features you like :). Easy peasy!

If you want you could put that $100 from the 6-core CPU to an SSD and notice a great improvement in speeds...:P
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 08:23 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
The 965 is an amazing processor from AMD. Gaming will be solid on that chip. Now, just browse through the AM3 motherboard reviews here and find a board with the features you like :). Easy peasy!

If you want you could put that $100 from the 6-core CPU to an SSD and notice a great improvement in speeds...:P
yeah that was my plan! because im going to use the crosshair IV formula because of amasing overclockability and then this

hard drive:Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB

this ssd:Kingston SSDNow V Series
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 08:27 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

If you can the 1TB Black version gives a bit of a speed boost as well.

I'm sure you're fine with finding the right RAM and such. What GPU are you going to match that computer with? 5850?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 08:33 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
If you can the 1TB Black version gives a bit of a speed boost as well.

I'm sure you're fine with finding the right RAM and such. What GPU are you going to match that computer with? 5850?
definitely, almost as if you read my mind...!!
ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU TOP



crazy overclocking capabilities, it was made for ocing!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 08:35 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

You're good to go! Choose a case to your liking and a PSU and you're all set. Corsairs are remarkable. Modular is the best in my opinion (for time and cable management). Don't forget DVD drive, cooler, etc.

But yeah you're gonna love that setup .

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 08:40 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
You're good to go! Choose a case to your liking and a PSU and you're all set. Corsairs are remarkable. Modular is the best in my opinion (for time and cable management). Don't forget DVD drive, cooler, etc.

But yeah you're gonna love that setup .

Enjoy!
read my mind again :/ frick, its getting freaky

yeah the psu:CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W

case: COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper black edition
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 09:28 AM
fishingfanatic's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton Ont
Posts: 1,248

My System Specs

Smile Leo the Dragon II

This sounds like a pretty awesome setup. Good luck with the build!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 10:11 AM
bojangles's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 2,683

My System Specs

Default

We would love it if you posted a build log or some pictures of your computer after!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 11:04 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
We would love it if you posted a build log or some pictures of your computer after!
definitely!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Build- Corsair 800D --> My cleanest build ever. Watercooled btdvox Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 28 May 11, 2010 01:07 PM
Windows 7 Build 7000 VS Windows XP SP3 Build 2600 Benchmarks Veritas Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 3 March 3, 2009 01:48 PM
Critique my gaming build build 1080p New Builds 10 January 14, 2009 03:18 PM