Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2010, 03:58 PM
Rookie

Smile New Build in boxes.......could use advice

Hello to all. I am new and wanted to ask some advice. I have a pile of parts from Newegg stacked here and I am looking for anyone else with similar components they have already assembled. I will start building very soon, but I have not run across anyone else with anything close. I am trying to minimize damage and/or simple mistakes that could end up ruining a somewhat costly parts list!!

I believe the components are listed in the sig...........(?)

This is my 5th build and I would appreciate input from those wiser and more experienced..............THANKS

(didnt show up in sig so here they are)

MSI 890FXA-GD70
PHII X6 1090t
Sapphire 5850 Vapor X
WD 750 BE
GSkill RipJaws 1600
Lite-On CD/DVD
Hyper 212+
NZXT Tempest EVO

Last edited by B 0 n 3 z 55; May 10, 2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: parts not listed?
Old May 10, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Post what you got. It'd help us determine what goes where....

And didn't you research what you want BEFORE you bought your parts?
Old May 10, 2010, 04:12 PM
Rookie

apologies about the list not showing up. I did exhaustive research on the parts and settled on the MSI board only because the continuing seemingly endless "release date" saga revolving around the CH-IV Extreme.

Rumor suggests end of this month. Asus tech support offered no info when I contacted their department here in the US. I settled for the MSI only after mentally soothing myself with a possible end-of-month purchase possibility.
Old May 10, 2010, 04:28 PM
Rookie

This is a canadian forum... I suggest Techpowerup forums for help on your future buys and stuff :D Very helpful community over there...

You have any thermal paste? How close to the border of canada/montreal do you live? I could come and help you if you'd like xD
Old May 10, 2010, 05:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-ster View Post
This is a canadian forum... I suggest Techpowerup forums for help on your future buys and stuff :D Very helpful community over there...

You have any thermal paste? How close to the border of canada/montreal do you live? I could come and help you if you'd like xD
i live in montreal... and am building soon maybe if i have trouble i could call you up?
Old May 10, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They look like they'll work fine so don't worry. When it comes to putting them together, it's just like a jig-saw puzzle. Each piece fits in only one way. Brute force will destroy it.

Where's the PSU?

I suggest you visit AnandTech as it's an excellent site and the forum community there is pretty good as well. Though I haven't posted or visited there that much in a long time now.