Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have nothing Pelt, but to all the people that do help you put this together, hopefully Karma will return the favour :)
Old April 26, 2010, 07:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

Got an 8600GSO brand new you could have...its not much, but if he doesnt game big, it will do the job.
Old April 26, 2010, 07:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Hello Pelt,

I have a new (still in its packaging) MS Optical Mouse 3000
and a slightly used Logitech Elite keyboard

If you are desparate for a video card, I have a used Sapphire 4650 1GB ATI card - works fine

Let me know if you want any or all of the items.

It always feels good to help people

Peter

Last edited by HalifaxPete; April 26, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old April 27, 2010, 03:20 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The response has been outstanding all objectives have been met and then some, this guy is getting a great computer made with pride and love with the help of the good folks at HWC. Don't need anymore gear, never thought I'd have to say that,lol.

Here's what we have so far:
AMD AM2+ 9550 BE
Gigabyte Motherboard
4GB of OCZ HPC DDR2 RAM
Antec big jesus black case
2 IDE CD/DVD writers
450 Watt Thermaltake PSU (Encorp)
74GB Raptor (Shaw)
74GB Raptor (gingerbee) I'm jealous I remember wanting a Raptor drive but couldn't afford it and now I've got two for the build,lol. Nice little RAID array.
4630 Video Card (Halifax Pete) this will be the standby card in case the deal for the 4830 fall through.
80$ Futureshop Gift Card (Bovine.Baron)

For all the folks that wanted to help but I had to turn away I thank you all aswell. I probably could have built a few computers if I took all the gear. All of you folks are strangers to me and to him, and yet you took the time to help. You are what makes this country great, you are what makes this community special. I am humbled and grateful, a thousand times over thank you.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old April 27, 2010, 05:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Very glad to see the positive turnout and help you have received.

Just one note I wanted to mention. I think that PSU will be enough for the 4830/ 9550BE, but it may be pushing it a little. I am sure someone else will chime in with their opinion on that (I would hate to see you go through all this and then something go wrong with the computer). Maybe consider the 4650 offered up by Halifaxpete, which would definitely put you in the good to go range for the PSU.

Good luck with the build!
Old April 27, 2010, 06:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Pelt,

I have been looking everywhere for info about Antec's big jesus black case.
I am all for the religion of big cases!

HWC
Old April 27, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxPete View Post
Pelt,

I have been looking everywhere for info about Antec's big jesus black case.
I am all for the religion of big cases!

HWC

Here, I found it:

Derr.. wait did you say big jesus black or big black jesus? hahahaha

Oh god.. I don't know if I should have said that or not @_@... dear mods; censor me if need be xoxoxox <3

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Very glad to see the positive turnout and help you have received.

Just one note I wanted to mention. I think that PSU will be enough for the 4830/ 9550BE, but it may be pushing it a little. I am sure someone else will chime in with their opinion on that (I would hate to see you go through all this and then something go wrong with the computer). Maybe consider the 4650 offered up by Halifaxpete, which would definitely put you in the good to go range for the PSU.

Good luck with the build!

It should be more than enough. I've built much more on 400 ish watt PSU's.. I double checked the specs before I shipped the PSu.

Worse case scenario. We get him another one! hahaha
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Oh, my god, I never thought about the second coming of Jesus having dreadlocks!

I always have the men's mag cartoon image of the second coming being put in a rubber room with a bunch of born again Jesus wannabes.

I am assuming that Pelt has an Antec 1200 or a P180 case for this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Here, I found it:

Derr.. wait did you say big jesus black or big black jesus? hahahaha

Oh god.. I don't know if I should have said that or not @_@... dear mods; censor me if need be xoxoxox <3

Also:

It should be more than enough. I've built much more on 400 ish watt PSU's.. I double checked the specs before I shipped the PSu.

Worse case scenario. We get him another one! hahaha
Old April 27, 2010, 04:32 PM
shaw

Or a Sonata III.

Raptor shipped.
Old April 27, 2010, 05:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What's the case like for open fan slots?

Not the biggest offer in the world, but I can ship a few 1350 RPM YLs your way if he needs case cooling. If he wasn't going to game at all on the pc I've got an 8400GS NIB sitting here doing nothing, but again.... only worthwhile if he's not going to be gaming at all.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP