Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musabi View Post
the UD5 comes with SATA3 and being 40$ more isnt really a reason, but its on its way to you now. I was just curious, thats all!

As for the ram, I personally have had problems with the OCZ gold series but not the OCZ platinum series. In the future, most people like to stick to G.Skill and Corsair ram now, just FYI =)

Im sure it will run out great though!
The only time OCZ ram is an issue is with Asus motherboards, at least in my experience.
Old April 12, 2010, 05:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musabi View Post
the UD5 comes with SATA3 and being 40$ more isnt really a reason, but its on its way to you now. I was just curious, thats all!

As for the ram, I personally have had problems with the OCZ gold series but not the OCZ platinum series. In the future, most people like to stick to G.Skill and Corsair ram now, just FYI =)

Im sure it will run out great though!

Oh man !!! you're right, somehow I messed up on this one, but since I made the order yesterday (sunday) don't think it shipped yet, I will call first thing this morning and try to change it for a UD5 since I won't use that water block it would be a waiste of money.

Good to hear about the RAM.

Thanks
Old April 15, 2010, 06:35 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Oh man !!! you're right, somehow I messed up on this one, but since I made the order yesterday (sunday) don't think it shipped yet, I will call first thing this morning and try to change it for a UD5 since I won't use that water block it would be a waiste of money.

Good to hear about the RAM.

Thanks
Glad I could help =) I have a UD5 on it's way to me right now actually!
Old April 15, 2010, 06:50 AM
MVP

Looks good Dan.
What are you using for a monitor?

Where did you buy these parts from? Cause if you bought them or are about to buy them from NCIX. They do price matching (which can save you a few and or a lot more bucks). I use pricebat.ca, but if you already ordered...then use it for the future.

Just for an example: GA-X58A-UD5
Newegg.ca - $279.99
NCIX - $329.99 (NCIX would most likely price match newegg price).

Good Luck with your build Dan!

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy!
Old April 15, 2010, 06:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yeah price matching is the main reason I use ncix, that and thy have a mom and pop 'feel' to their fairly big establishment. I saved $200 on my latest order because of price matching! 10% of your order is a fairly big ammount!
Old April 15, 2010, 07:47 AM
MVP

RTFM
Old April 15, 2010, 04:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have an old Dell ultra sharp 2007WFP (for now).

Yup, got everything from NCIX and also used pricebat for the matching, saved a bit less then 10% but still saved almost 150$.

Man, can't wait to get all my stuff...