Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2010, 05:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

You're right, but I was just giving you the harshest example I could think of.

Anyhow, no one can really tell the future of technological advances. In 3 years everything may be 3D and instead of monitors we might be wearing headsets for gaming. I don't know! But for the next 2 years I dont see any problems.
Old April 2, 2010, 03:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

i just built a rig for the same resulution on less budget. i went amd 550 be which unlocked and a 100 dollar 5670. i have a little slowdown when i run crysis warhead at max settings, i cant imagine any game slowing down your setup though. got to be overkill but if you can affordit then why not
Old April 2, 2010, 05:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

a 32 inch tv is not the ideal display to play games, yes it's big but it's slow when comparing to a monitor. I guess lots of people would ahve a different view on this but playing games @ 30fps is a pita.
for the resolution you have there a 5870 is overkill, i'd say a 5850 would be plenty.

the problem in being futureproof is you never are, the only thing you can change is for how long you're gonna be ok with your setup

Last edited by mkultra; April 2, 2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 2, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

First of all, Welcome on HWC hope you will enjoy the ride! Second thing, I have been here for a pretty long time and it's pretty rare that people have a KILLER build on the first try. Here you have a well balanced build that will run for a little while and that have been build with proven part. I wouldn't change anything to this build since it's pretty good. Carry on with your great work and...for the love of computer god...Make a workblog with lot's of pic
Old April 2, 2010, 11:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkultra View Post
a 32 inch tv is not the ideal display to play games, yes it's big but it's slow when comparing to a monitor. I guess lots of people would ahve a different view on this but playing games @ 30fps is a pita.
for the resolution you have there a 5870 is overkill, i'd say a 5850 would be plenty.

the problem in being futureproof is you never are, the only thing you can change is for how long you're gonna be ok with your setup
What do you mean "slow"? If you're referring to the refresh rate, its 60Hz - this is the same refresh rate I have on my three other computer monitors. If you mean something else, please do tell?

@Everyone else - thanks for the advice! I'll definitely snatch a few pictures when I start getting the parts and start a thread. Theoretically, I could already start - I just got my PSU =]

Everything should be here within the next week or so, and then I'm off to my parents house in the states for a week, and then I'm back... I think this is the first time I DIDN'T want to take time off work!
Old April 3, 2010, 07:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

i might be competely wrong, but i've always ahd the idea that a tv cannot display more than 30fps properly, and a big screen plus low resolution is not a good combo when gaming especially if you're in the first person shooter business
Old April 3, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkultra View Post
i might be competely wrong, but i've always ahd the idea that a tv cannot display more than 30fps properly, and a big screen plus low resolution is not a good combo when gaming especially if you're in the first person shooter business
A tv will be able to display 60fps if it refreshes at 60Hz. But i don't like big screens w/ low res because you can't really see the people you are shooting at. A higher res monitor will solve this issue.

Basically, on the 13XX * 7XX the dude you are shooting could be 1 pixel large, but on a 1080 screen, it could be 10pixels large...

-Plato