asus maximus iii formula mobo
intel core i5 750 quad-core cpu
2x2g patriot 1333 llk ram
ati 3650 vidcard
160g and 320g hdd
lg dvd burner
corsair h50 cpu cooler
psu will a silerstone 750w or ocz pro xstream 1000w
all in a cooler master scout case .yes it will fit had my asus maximus extreme in it
Old February 28, 2010, 06:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

This build seems a little all over the place. You have an extremely modern CPU but your GPU is very old technology in comparision? What exactally are you using this computer for?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 28, 2010, 07:42 PM
MVP

I agree, but then, it depends on what it's being used for. If it's primarily for photo-editing / video-editing, it's great. For gaming...good luck.
Old February 28, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

- Better GPU
- Based on that System your PSU is crazy BIG!
Old February 28, 2010, 08:57 PM
MVP

I will agree that the PSU is complete overkill. I'd say get a 5-600W PSU by Seasonic, Corsair, or PC Power and Cooling.

As for the GPU, it could be left over from a previous build, he could just be doing editing work that doesn't require a big GPU, etc...but OP, please say what you're using this computer for so we don't have to keep guessing (especially since most people jump to the gaming conclusion). Anyway, regardless, I'd say you should probably get something newer, if not more powerful (assuming this isn't something left over and you're buying it new), such as a 5570 or something along those lines.
Old March 1, 2010, 03:55 AM
Banned
F@H

something tell me that he will upgrade the gpu
Old March 1, 2010, 11:02 AM
MVP

At this point I'd recommend leaving the thread until we get a response from the OP, since it wasn't made clear how the computer is being used, and as such we can't make informed decisions about how best to spend his budget.
Old March 27, 2010, 04:51 AM
Rookie

well it took a month for the board to come in ,yes ill be up grading the gpu ,the pc will be used for everything. the psu i had already,now for the gpu any suggestions
the build whent without a flaw its been five years since i up graded anything so any thoughts are welcome
Old March 27, 2010, 05:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

Get either an ATI 5770 or 5850, depending on how much you want to spend on a graphics card.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old March 27, 2010, 05:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewellzy View Post
well it took a month for the board to come in ,yes ill be up grading the gpu ,the pc will be used for everything. the psu i had already,now for the gpu any suggestions
the build whent without a flaw its been five years since i up graded anything so any thoughts are welcome
if you game at 1650 resolution, the ATI 5770 is 165$ and is GREAT video card, very silent (with the new coolers), can be OC without a lot of effort, takes only 1 connector and it's fairly small.

I've built 3 systems with them (for friends) and they are all very satisfied of their machines all around