Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2010, 05:46 PM
MVP

Christ, you've got a big budget. Looks like you just chose the highest-performing everything you could find and added it to the list...however that's not the way I'd go about it. Anyway, two questions; What exactly is your budget, and what are you planning to do with this computer? (be specific e.g. if you're gaming, what resolution?)
Old February 24, 2010, 06:00 PM
Banned
F@H

Add an SSD for the OS and you are in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
...however that's not the way I'd go about it.
the Budget ??? I guess it's not a problem, , why take care we live only 1 life I have no idea how much my last PC cost me, and I'm better to not know it
Old February 24, 2010, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yeah go SSD power, grab the new Vertex LE with the sandforce 1500 while you can !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old February 24, 2010, 08:04 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I have no idea how much my last PC cost me, and I'm better to not know it
I started off my build with a budget, then stopped keeping tabs part-way through because I realized I was better off not knowing

Joking about budget aside, though, to the OP: I'm sure you can find better deals than TigerDirect. NCIX, BestDirect, DirectCanada, CanadaComputers, MicroCentre, OnHop, Ebay... If it's a pain to go through all of those sites, you might want to try out http://www.shopbot.ca and save yourself some time that way.

The other thing I'll mention is that if you have a Memory Express where you live then they are great (my experience, anyway) -- they will price-match any reputable Canadian online store price that you can find (so long as the product is in stock). They also have in-store replacement plans for most products to save you the hassle of RMAs.

YMMV.
FUEL PUMP: Corsair AX1200i
HUD: Asus GTX 690 w/ 3x Asus MX279H
CHASSIS: Silverstone FT02B-W
1/4 MILE TIME: ?

Last edited by zc1; February 24, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old February 24, 2010, 08:31 PM
Rookie

lol I use tiger due to the fact I'm 10 minutes away and I also looked at prices of places near me all in the $5 range. lol and my budget is about 9 grand
Remember this one
Build son's PC
I had to one up him as his dad and partly because I can afford it

Last edited by thatguy7; February 24, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old February 24, 2010, 08:33 PM
Rookie

If I said I'm using it to check my Email how many Heart Attacks would I cause?
Old February 24, 2010, 08:53 PM
Rookie

I think you can definately throw a little something something to everyone on this site with a 9k budget. lol.

You can either build a system using your brain or build it using your money that you got using your brain. lol

why stop at 920 with a 9k budget? get that i7 975 extreme.

Heck if you really need to spend 9k, then go throw it at ncix cause they will give you a Corsair "dream" machine.

One thing, I love that case and it is available for 199.99 at bestdirect. Would be sad to see that door jam though and that is why I stayed away from it. HWC has a excellend review of that case.
Old February 24, 2010, 09:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Add an SSD for the OS and you are in business
the Budget ??? I guess it's not a problem, , why take care we live only 1 life I have no idea how much my last PC cost me, and I'm better to not know it
You misunderstand. I'm saying that there's a better way to get performance than going through a checklist of parts and getting the top-of-the-line (e.g. Crossfire rather than one big card, and not going totally overkill on the motherboard).
Old February 25, 2010, 03:22 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
. (e.g. Crossfire rather than one big card, and not going totally overkill on the motherboard).

is better with a big card than xfire he mention a 5870...I have 2 in x fire because I found 1 not enough at my taste , so I will not go with 2 5770. Everyone who have try xfire will tell you thatis not the end of the world...many review are misleading, the shop max. FPS, it's the minimum FPS that need to be increase

where is the problem to go overkill with the motherboard. I order a full block for my classified, and ask someone to build me a phase cooler for the cpu ..

@ OP. don't worry I don't do way better than browsing too.

Last edited by MarkOne; February 25, 2010 at 03:27 AM.