Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2010, 10:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
put the cpu at x20 and the blk at 200 and live ram and voltage at auto. it will give you a 4,0 ghz , but wait , what is your cooler ?
I've got a CM Hyper 212+. CoreTemp gives idle temp. range of low 30s-low 40s. Load temp. range is low 40s to low 50s.
Old February 21, 2010, 10:14 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.mgs4 View Post
I've got a CM Hyper 212+. CoreTemp gives idle temp. range of low 30s-low 40s. Load temp. range is low 40s to low 50s.

Leave you ram at auto too.. I get my 750 at 4,2 at the time it was on a 212+ and the temps was quite good

20x + 200 blk that's it try it like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
I agree, but once he establishes what the auto voltage is, I'd say he should go and manually try to lower it. Only reason to keep the voltage at auto is if he's lazy, and lazy doesn't make for good OCing.

the OP is not lazy, he have few experience with OC, that totaly diffent thing . for now he can't go over blk 160. the main objective is to bring it at 4ghz ( very easy OC for a 750 ) and after we will see, at x20 blk 200 it make 1,31 core volts on Asus auto .. and my CPU run at 67'c with my noctua on OCCT bench . very aceptable for a noob auto setting oc

I prefer see him deal with auto setting than burn something , later with more experience he will play with the manual setting

Last edited by MarkOne; February 21, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old February 21, 2010, 10:16 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
the OP is not lazy, he have few experience with OC, that totaly diffent thing . for now he can't go over blk 160. the main objective is to bring it at 4ghz ( very easy OC for a 750 ) and after we will see, at x20 blk 200 it make 1,31 core volts on Asus auto .. and my CPU run at 67'c with my noctua on OCCT bench . very aceptable for a noob auto setting oc

to the OP leave you ram at auto too..
Will do. Did you have to calibrate CoreTemp or did you just download it? Thanks!
Old February 21, 2010, 10:20 AM
Banned
F@H

you don't need to calibrate to have a general idea, anyway for calibrate something you need a reference point , you will have a core or 2 at different value from the other, but just make an average,
Old February 21, 2010, 10:37 AM
MVP

Quote:
I prefer see him deal with auto setting than burn something , later with more experience he will play with the manual setting
I'm talking about lowering the voltage from where the Auto sets it. Once he gets instability from low voltage he goes to the last good setting. There is ZERO chance of frying anything doing that.
Old February 21, 2010, 10:44 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
I'm talking about lowering the voltage from where the Auto sets it. Once he gets instability from low voltage he goes to the last good setting. There is ZERO chance of frying anything doing that.
Alright, but which increment should I use? Does 0.1V sounds good?
Old February 21, 2010, 10:45 AM
Banned
F@H

before lower something he have to achive is desired OC, and is quite far from there.. it's an Asus at 1,31 core volts, they are no problem with the voltage....
do you have experience with Asus Bios and i5-750 cpu ?
Old February 21, 2010, 10:49 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
I send you a PM to tell you excatly what to do with this board and CPU, don't want pass the day to argue
Old February 21, 2010, 10:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
I send you a PM to tell you excatly what to do with this board and CPU, don't want pass the day to argue
Thank you!
Old February 21, 2010, 11:14 AM
MVP

Quote:
0.1 doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me, there's a BIG difference between 1.3V and 1.4V. If you have the time to experiment I'd say go as low as 0.01V increments, but that's likely to take a very long time. Maybe try 0.05 until its unstable, then increase by 0.01 or 0.02 until it can pass Prime95.

The Auto setting will work fine, it's just that running the CPU at a higher voltage than you need (and any auto setting will run it higher than necessary) makes the CPU run hotter and reduces lifespan. That's why I'd say use the Auto as a guideline, than reduce it until you've got a VERY solid OC.