Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2010, 09:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.mgs4 View Post
Anyone know if NCIX considers DirectCanada.com acceptable?
Most of the time yes, as I believe Direct Canada is owned by the same company NCIX is owned by. Every request I've put in has gone through.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 15, 2010, 09:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.mgs4 View Post
Alright, I've gone ahead and placed the order. The revised/finalized spec is below:

Mobo: ASUS P7P55D Pro - $180
Did you miss the extreme deal on the motherboard? It is on sale for $164.99

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P7P55D Pro LGA1156 P55 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI SLI CrossFireX 6SATA GBLAN 1394 Motherboard - P7P55D PRO In Canada.
Old February 15, 2010, 10:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcb View Post
Thanks! I went ahead and modified my order, but it only showed up with the original price. I've gone ahead and created a customer care ticket and notified them.

Thank you!
Old February 15, 2010, 10:32 PM
Rookie

May I ask your why you choose ASUS P7P55D Pro? I am undecided on a motherboard for my build. How many GPU are you planning to use? Xfire/SLI? I see this board has three GPU slot. Wouldn't it be a waste of one is only using one GPU?
Old February 15, 2010, 10:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcb View Post
May I ask your why you choose ASUS P7P55D Pro? I am undecided on a motherboard for my build. How many GPU are you planning to use? Xfire/SLI? I see this board has three GPU slot. Wouldn't it be a waste of one is only using one GPU?
To be honest, I chose this particular board because it was the first DDR3-board that came up when I searched Newegg. Other than that, I didn't really pay attention to much else.
Old February 20, 2010, 09:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hi all!

Brought home my new rig from ncix a few days ago. Just wanted to come back here and offer my sincere thanks for all the help I've gotten from people who replied to this thread. Thank you!
Old February 20, 2010, 10:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^Enjoy.....now you can start "playng around" with OC'ing ;)

Old February 21, 2010, 08:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^Enjoy.....now you can start "playng around" with OC'ing ;)
Haha already have. However, I've only played with the BCLK frequency by increasing it to 160MHz and setting DRAM Freq. to 1600. Anything past 160 and my computer won't event get to the windows splash screen.
Old February 21, 2010, 08:56 AM
Banned
F@H

put the cpu at x20 and the blk at 200 and live ram and voltage at auto. it will give you a 4,0 ghz , but wait , what is your cooler ?
Old February 21, 2010, 09:08 AM
MVP

I agree, but once he establishes what the auto voltage is, I'd say he should go and manually try to lower it. Only reason to keep the voltage at auto is if he's lazy, and lazy doesn't make for good OCing.