Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2010, 07:46 AM
Banned
F@H

Default New EVGA 1366 build

Hello every one , it's a long time I want to give a try to a EVGA motherboard, the experience I have this morning with the Precission tools of my new GPU, make me want more and more a EVGA board

ok here the new Build questionary

Budget. well I know how much cost a EVGA board, so it will be a cost effective one, I means I don't care to pay for extra if it's the best thing to achieve the best OC, but I don't need 20 drives , sata3 and USB3, 6 gpu slot and thing like that to achieve it

It's an OC toy
I want to play with SLI + dedicated Physx
Will be use mainly for bench test
Have to be EVGA 100 % solutions , want to play with their OC software and GPU stuf
Have to be good for use with an actual 920 and latter the new sexa-core ( no typo mistake here, I like this name )
Will need a board that I can put water block on the chipset and mosfet ( all true I thing it's not a problem with evga board, they are very popular for this)
I will prefer to have no 200 chips on the board, unless you can disable it in the BIOS, and it will afect in no way the compatibility of other thing, like the dedicated PhysX as exemple

Nothing to worry about my PSU, I have a spare 1200 watts

So I welcome anything, comments and sugestion that can help here, I'm in new territory with EVGA. I need comment especially from peoples who own them, I already know how to read a review
I will need also the best memory for it, but it will be for a far far purchase, so I will ask for it at the moment I'm ready to purchase

Most important. no PM for used EVGA board... I like to be the first one to touch my stuff

Last edited by MarkOne; February 13, 2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old February 13, 2010, 09:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

3x SLI Classified, if money is not an issue. The 4x has an NF200 chip, which you don't want. There's water blocks available for almost every EVGA board, they are very popular.
NCIX.com - Buy EVGA X58 Classified EATX LGA1366 DDR3 4PCIE-16 1PCI SLI SATA2 eSATA Dual GBLAN 1394 Motherboard - 141-BL-E760-A1 In Canada.
Old February 13, 2010, 09:32 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Budget. well I know how much cost a EVGA board, so it will be a cost effective one, I means I don't care to pay for extra if it's the best thing to achieve the best OC [...]
EVGA Classified... or P55 Classified
Old February 13, 2010, 09:59 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Back when i7 was just released I got an EVGA X58 SLI mobo and EVGA GTX 260 55nm. They have done great by me.
Old February 13, 2010, 10:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC0g View Post
EVGA Classified... or P55 Classified
He wants an LGA1366, so he can go "sexa-core" when released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit View Post
Back when i7 was just released I got an EVGA X58 SLI mobo and EVGA GTX 260 55nm. They have done great by me.
I had the X58 SLI model as well, until my leak fried it. Good board too, but for top benchmark OC'ing, the Classified is where it's at. Ask 3oh6 how he likes his.
Old February 13, 2010, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Originally had the Evga X58 Vanilla Board wheb they were first released, then like the "sexy look" of the x58 Classified Board, so stepped up to it (step-up was painless). Love my board ;)
With Evga Products the "support" available is 2nd to none........

1. Great support at thier Web Site
2. Excellent BIOS revision support
3. In some cases ...Lifetime Warranty

LC...as Sugar also stated he wants a 1366 Socket
Mark..if you go this route....."Welcome to the Club" ;)

Old February 13, 2010, 10:49 AM
Banned
F@H

Yes I say it was a EVGA 1366 that I want, I think I was clear, looking that I will go Classify SLI, if no more better option.

Juste a note , it will be my first Evga board , but i have already 2 x 1366 board, will replace one with the EVGA no need to name the other brand I guess you know what is it anyway
Old February 13, 2010, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If I were to do it all over again I'd probably go with the X58 Vanilla instead of the Classified as I'm not able to take full advantage of the OC'ing potential of the board due to my CO/C1 Stepping 920 limitations......now, with that said throw a DO Stepping Chip in thier and its a different story ;)

Old February 13, 2010, 11:38 AM
Banned
F@H

You means like this :

Old February 13, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Yep ;)