Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
More customer reviews:

Newegg.com - ASUS P7P55D-E LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

From that list on Amazon go for Kingston or Corsair on 1st page. Stay away from OCZ.
So you suggest the one and is good? It is the same one with the one selling at NCIX.
Amazon.com: Kingston HyperX 4 GB Kit (2x2 GB Modules) 1600 MHz DDR3 Desktop Memory KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX: Electronics

What is XMP? Can I disable it if I am not overclocking? Doesn't Intel recommand 1.5v for memory? This one is rated 1.65 I think.

Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR3 -

KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX4GB 1600MHz DDR3 T1 Series Non-ECC
CL8 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP8-8-8-241.65V(Datasheet)BUY
Old February 11, 2010, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
They don't make your game run any smoother,
wrong. speaking from experience with many ssd types tried. using them as in loading all your stuff to the ssd makes micro stutters from loading data a think of the past and games load crazy fast just check squeetard thread on f--- ssd games are way better on ssd. jmo

FYI i try not to build systems without ssd know there that big of an improvement. hell cut cost get a little lower end cpu/gpu and buy cheap ssd intel v comes to mind or any indilinx based ssd is great.
Old February 11, 2010, 12:03 PM
MVP

Yes. As I said a long time ago, SSDs make the computer load things very, very fast. This does include games. However, once you're in the game you're not going to see improved framerates, and it's not worth sacrificing core components (especially if he's not upgrading for a long time).
Old February 11, 2010, 12:41 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Yes. As I said a long time ago, SSDs make the computer load things very, very fast. This does include games. However, once you're in the game you're not going to see improved framerates, and it's not worth sacrificing core components (especially if he's not upgrading for a long time).

Again THE OP IS NOT A GAMER and I already told you he have an Intel SSD

he need a board and memory do you have suggestion for it.
Old February 11, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcb View Post
So you suggest the one and is good? It is the same one with the one selling at NCIX.
Amazon.com: Kingston HyperX 4 GB Kit (2x2 GB Modules) 1600 MHz DDR3 Desktop Memory KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX: Electronics

What is XMP? Can I disable it if I am not overclocking? Doesn't Intel recommand 1.5v for memory? This one is rated 1.65 I think.

Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR3 -

KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX4GB 1600MHz DDR3 T1 Series Non-ECC
CL8 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP8-8-8-241.65V(Datasheet)BUY
Looks like it's the same Kingston set as NCIX (look at part #). One thing you can do is got to the Asus site and find out which RAM has been "approved" and tested with the board you're going to get.
Old February 11, 2010, 12:55 PM
Rookie

I just want something to run at stock speed and is stable. I don't want anything that I need to adjust manually in the bios.

The main reason I get a SSD is the load speed. Some of the youtube shows the comparision of a traditional hd and SSD side by side.
Old February 11, 2010, 01:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Again THE OP IS NOT A GAMER and I already told you he have an Intel SSD

he need a board and memory do you have suggestion for it.
Get off my back. He made an attack on a previous comment of mine, and I was defending my stance. I'm aware that he already has the Intel SSD, and as a matter of fact, he is a light gamer. As for board and memory recommendations, I already made mine. Too bad you neglected to quote those.
Old February 11, 2010, 01:46 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcb View Post
I just want something to run at stock speed and is stable. I don't want anything that I need to adjust manually in the bios.
I think you talk about the memory here. What ever the one you buy, 99% of the chance are than you have nothing to adjust in the Bios, it will be done automatically. If you use 2 sticks of 2 gb it will even lesser the chance, mainly all the problem of incompatibility appear when you use 4 sticks. It's then you have to adjust something. If you put 1600 memory in your stock board they will run at 1066, the 1600 is like a rating. it's means you can adjust your board until 1600 without adjust the voltage of them ( simple explication, but for the purpose it's Ok )

If you about sure you will not OC , take the 1333, if you think you gone play with the motherboard software in Windows to try some easy OC, later get the 1600 , but you don't need to take 1066 because your board run stock, they will be even harder to sell , or put in a new board if you need one day
Old February 11, 2010, 02:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Get off my back. He made an attack on a previous comment of mine, and I was defending my stance. I'm aware that he already has the Intel SSD, and as a matter of fact, he is a light gamer. As for board and memory recommendations, I already made mine. Too bad you neglected to quote those.
That kind of attitude espically in New builds will not win you any Friends.

@ MarkOne, I know you like using all the Emoticons that we have but perhaps you can avoid using the ones that other members could find offensive espically when the discussion is heated.

Now, For my two cents.
If you guys (This is a Generalization) cannot get along or act civil in these threads then avoid them. I am getting weary of having to play referee in a New members thread on account of a few individuals.
Tolerance for this is going to start dropping as time goes on so be warned. We are a good Group of people here at HWC and I refuse to watch new additions walk away because of this kind of behaviour.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 11, 2010, 05:08 PM
Top Prospect

I went through all of this recently and I ended up with the Gigabyte P55A-UD4P and G.Skill NQ series DDR3. I love that RAM it's so pretty on my blue UD4P too! It's an i7 860 CPU. I think the Ripjaws are fine, but they are bigger and IMO kinda goofy looking. The NQ was what I wanted from the beginning.

The setup is fantastic. I slapped it all together and routed all my cables cleanly, fired up fine, made the bios changes I wanted, and installed Win7. Works great. Stability is good so far, I game lots on this rig and its been trouble free. (with my 4850 card, not my 4890, for those who saw my other thread) I recommend the two. (board and RAM)
Powercolor 5870
Velociraptor 150
Seagate LP 2TB
Corsair AX750
Silverstone FT01B-W (HWC review case)

HEATWARE 45-0-0

My Cannondale <3