Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2010, 09:34 PM
MVP

While I agree that sucks, that's just some effing bad luck. You can blame ASUS's poor quality control, but TBH their quality control for most people is very good. I'm running a P5QL pro, and it's just great.
Old February 10, 2010, 04:10 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
+1 to MSI GPU's. I LOVE my twin frozr 275. Damn thing runs MUCH, MUCH cooler than my EVGA 275.

can say the same of my 2 frozr 260

( folders you miss a good deal when they was on sale )
Old February 10, 2010, 04:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've had some sort of issue with every ASUS motherboard I've owned/used (P4T, K8V-X, A8N-SLI, P5N-SLI, P5B Deluxe, M2A-VM HDMI, P5Q Deluxe), but my next motherboard will probably be one, given the luck I've had with other manufacturers. As far as other hardware goes, video cards and optical drives have all worked fine.
Old February 10, 2010, 04:54 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I had a old asus mobo, it was super stable. My next asus mobo, so crappy, cant even change mobo voltage yet alone cpu voltage without saying error. But I still love asus's sexy mobo designs :D
Old February 10, 2010, 08:06 AM
Banned
F@H

Every board have problem, you have to find the one with problem that will not disturb your usage
Old February 10, 2010, 09:24 AM
MVP

I think he meant that they didn't work the way they were supposed to, not that they weren't a perfect motherboard.
Old February 10, 2010, 09:42 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
I think he meant that they didn't work the way they were supposed to, not that they weren't a perfect motherboard.
I need a translator now

but since you talk about perfect motherboard

Perfection do not exist , they are always place for improvement, if mother nature have thing like this we will still be eating leaves in a tree , if not a simple cell floating in water

Just to give you an idea of what kind of thing I have in my head :
I will like to see the CPU socket on the other side of the board, so we we can concentrate the cooling an other place , like a simple heat sink on the full side of the case, no fan at all. It's not only the case manufacturer who don't do their job
Old February 10, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Its all hit and miss (just some companies have more misses than others). The only MOB I have had die was an MSI and I have since had a couple ASUS boards without issue. Nothing against MSI, but I am now turned off from them (though I would possibly consider getting another in the future). My current ASUS board has some features missing that I would like to have, but you can't have everything in a budget board. Overall asus get a thumbs up from me.

I will stick with what works, unless they start overpricing everything. ASUS for me (atleast for a MOB)
Old February 10, 2010, 07:03 PM
MVP

Fair enough, though I think Gigabyte has eclipsed them in a lot of respects personally. Still, I'd never hesitate to buy from either company.
Old February 10, 2010, 07:06 PM
Banned
F@H

AkG talk about 386 and 486 board

here a text from the history of Asus, it will give you an idea about the engineer capability of Asus :

When the Intel 486 first came out, the four ASUS founders decided to design their own 486 motherboard without having a 486 processor prototype on site, using only the technical details published by Intel and the experience they gained while making the 386 motherboards. When ASUS finalized their 486 motherboard prototype, they took it to Intel's base in Taiwan for testing. Unsurprisingly, they were not formally greeted when they arrived.

It turned out that Intel's own 486 motherboard prototype had recently malfunctioned, and Intel's engineers were still working on the solution. The ASUS founders exercised their experience with the 486 and had a look at Intel's malfunctioning motherboard. Their solution worked, to the Intel engineers' surprise. Intel then tested the ASUS prototype, which functioned perfectly. This marked the beginning of an informal relationship between the two companies - ASUS now receives Intel engineering samples ahead of its competitors.