Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2010, 01:29 PM
MVP

I'll laugh all I want, but I'll kindly make suggestions that they revise their budget when I'm posting.
Old February 10, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^^ Uugghh ;)

Old February 10, 2010, 01:51 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
I'll laugh all I want, but I'll kindly make suggestions that they revise their budget when I'm posting.
Laugh all you want. Alone. And please make all suggestions that come to mind. That's what a discussion is for, but I ask them to be wrapped in a nice reply package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^^ Uugghh ;)
Kids never understand the 1st time around, don't they.
Old February 10, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ God I feel "old" ....

Old February 11, 2010, 05:48 PM
Rookie

How am I doing so far?
If I put this
EVGA X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 3PCIE-16 PCI-E1 2PCI SLI SATA2 eSATA Dual GBLAN Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping Quad Core Processor LGA1366 2.66GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 -SLBEJ-
OCZ Gold OCZ3G1600LV6GK 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL 8-8-8-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit
Corsair Professional HX650W 650W ATX 12V 52A 24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan
Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 PCI-E Display Port 2XDVI HDMI DirectX 11 Video Card
OCZ Vertex 120 ssd
WD Caviar Black 1tb hdd

in a HAF932 along with the various other bits and bobs like dvd drives, sound cards and card readers that I have laying around.
I also like the idea of the H50 cpu cooler.It just seems, well, cooler than a hsf.
I know the videocard and the ssd are a little overkill for me, but I don't mind having some toys that I may not make full use of. Just as long as they all will work together.
Also since I don't intend to do dual cards, is there a more appropriate mobo choice? Let's all just gloss over the inappropriate videocard, shall we?
Old February 11, 2010, 06:04 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggggboy View Post
I know the videocard and the ssd are a little overkill for me, but I don't mind having some toys that I may not make full use of. Just as long as they all will work together.
The GPU and SSD Overkill this word is use by people who can't afford thing , they are no such thing as overkill with our babies, the more powerful it is. the better it is. You will not regret it the day you gone need it . Start to be tire of the crap we ear everyday here, SSD is faster for load Windows, Faster for open a software, faster to load a game, faster to load some part of the game. PERIOD And you DAM right, it's your money so buy the toy you like.

You have a good build in the way, the only thing I don't like is the OCZ memory.
You can give a try to the H50, but I can tell you High End Air Cooler do a good Job too, if not better
if you like the kind of design , have a look at Cool-it , They are Canadian ..it's a warranty of good service

CPU Coolers

Last edited by MarkOne; February 11, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old February 11, 2010, 06:19 PM
Rookie

Alternate memory suggestions?
Old February 12, 2010, 05:24 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Cant go wrong with mushkin,gskill or corsair. Id personally pick up the cheapest low latency 1600mhz kit i could find and be happy with that. I dont like OCZ as I got the shaft on a lot of MIR from them.
Old February 12, 2010, 05:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggggboy View Post
Alternate memory suggestions?
G.Skill I have had good success on, Kingston as well if you need alternates. I even Run Crucial DDR3 and its been a dream. The Ram Clocks in really nice and the timings are fairly tight considering.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 12, 2010, 05:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
G.Skill I have had good success on, Kingston as well if you need alternates. I even Run Crucial DDR3 and its been a dream. The Ram Clocks in really nice and the timings are fairly tight considering.

ST
My crucial 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 runs 24/7 @ 2000mhz 9-9-9-24 1T timing and i couldnt be happier with them lol. I would have suggested the sticks im using, but I know not every setup is the same and he could very disappointed with this suggestion.