Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2010, 01:16 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Need some help picking a case

I need help picking a case that has lots of ventilation and in the $50 price range. I can't seem to decide which case to get. I really like the HAF 922 but it's too expensive. Then there's the NXZT Beta. I really like this one and the reviews seems pretty good (HWC video review FTW), but I want your personal opinion, HWC.

The case isn't for me so it's gotta be at most a mid tower. That is, no Full Tower cases or super fancy gamer mid towers.

Thanks in advance!
Old February 7, 2010, 04:37 AM
Banned
F@H

My friend it may be your lucky day.... Cm have a nice Haf 922 refurbished at $ 79.99 , free shipping, if you add the shipping to a $50 cases you will be about the same price. just receive my 690 refurbished from them last week. The case is brand new..if you not in hurry check time to time my CM 690 cost me $ 39.95 US deliver to my house here the link of the 932

CM Store

and don't worry abound the word refurbished... it's Cooler Master. probably one of the company that stand most on their customer services.

Last edited by MarkOne; February 7, 2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old February 7, 2010, 05:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ Didn't even know CM did that, but that is a good way to get a deal if you are not in a hurry (wait for what you want to be on there).

I think the Antec 300 is a great cooling case that you can get for $50 when they are on sale (I paid 49.99 for mine). I have one and couldn't be happier. I know its a case that's been around for a while now, but IMO it is much nicer than the new 200. Only down side to it is cable management. (its do-able, but not as friendly as some other cases).
Old February 7, 2010, 06:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
My friend it may be your lucky day.... Cm have a nice Haf 922 refurbished at $ 79.99 , free shipping, if you add the shipping to a $50 cases you will be about the same price. just receive my 690 refurbished from them last week. The case is brand new..if you not in hurry check time to time my CM 690 cost me $ 39.95 US deliver to my house here the link of the 932

CM Store

and don't worry abound the word refurbished... it's Cooler Master. probably one of the company that stand most on their customer services.
Oh wow what an awesome deal. These these go by pretty fast as most of the time I check CM for deals like this its already sold out and they only have those expensive custom airbrushed ones for sale.
Old February 7, 2010, 06:23 AM
Banned
F@H

I just forget something very important for our Canadian member.. if you order a Case from CM.. send the an email after to make sure they send it USPS. Unless it please you to give a huge tip to the UPS guy

CM will be please to send them by USPS
Old February 7, 2010, 06:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

this case is pretty sexy.. im getting it for my new build.. and its not too expensive

the case:
Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Old February 7, 2010, 07:57 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
this case is pretty sexy.. im getting it for my new build.. and its not too expensive

the case:
Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

All true it's out budget Kendall you just pick up one of my favourite , We have a long tread about members who use it. have a look.

I will not blame you post it, if a case worth go over budget, it's that case. it totally outclass anything around, in quality of build and ease to work with it. and I have a dam lot of cases here.
Old February 7, 2010, 12:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies. I just noticed that on the NZXT Beta, the hard drives have the connectors facing the front which is lame. I don't think I have the luxury of going over budget with the case. I'm also looking to buy everything locally from NCIX. That way, I save shipping costs and lead times. Basically, I'm trying to build a computer for my brother who wants a really budget, but capable computer for work. That's why I need to pinch every dollar and focus it on the goodies inside. He mostly does animation, drawing stuff, and Photoshop. I would assume he uses 3dsmax or something for 3d rendering.

If I remember correctly, he's using like a P4 1.6GHz computer or something so anything will be an upgrade. I was thinking about an i3, but I'd like to go for at least an i5. I have to have to build done around summer time, so I have lots of time to observe the market. Maybe if the hexcores come out, i'll give him my 'old' i7 920 lol. But seriously, if you guys have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old February 7, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Heh heh, i have an Antec 300 that i got for $30 coz the front audio was broken :)

Its a nice case but cable management suck donkey butt.

And i do have a 8800GS if your interested...

-Plato
Old February 7, 2010, 01:27 PM
MVP

I don't recommend the Antec 300. It's a pain in the arse to work in. Barring some sweet deal, your best bet is the Beta EVO (like the Beta, but with a bottom-mounted PSU) or the Gamma. Both are great cases on a budget. Available cases don't get exceptionally better until you get an $80 budget or so.