Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12, 2010, 05:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I get a kick out of those who badmouth company and company B without every actually trying said parts. I realize there are reviews and crap out there, but seriously not every single piece of hardware works exactly as the review said or has the same quirks. Unless your a constant system builder or do it for a living, how can you be so opininated with what is good and bad? And when the opinion does come out, it is a childish one with zero merit and uses another persons grief as a source of it all.
Old February 12, 2010, 05:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
I get a kick out of those who badmouth company and company B without every actually trying said parts. I realize there are reviews and crap out there, but seriously not every single piece of hardware works exactly as the review said or has the same quirks. Unless your a constant system builder or do it for a living, how can you be so opininated with what is good and bad? And when the opinion does come out, it is a childish one with zero merit and uses another persons grief as a source of it all.
This is the advantage I do have, not only being a Folder , but I build systems Part-Time as well out of my own House for clients. I get to play with a lot of different Hardware. Just how I always defended the Last Generation of Ultra PSU's and such (LSP's , X3's). I have 33 units Registered with me, and not one RMA from that set yet.
And I agree with you that not every piece of hardware is created equal. Different Binned CPU's can perform or behave in varying ways from even one review to the next. There are enough variables for any of these factors to play a key role.

I usually pull from all my experience over the years building Systems to reach the conclusions I do. I am not perfect, and there are things I miss. But I take to heart the things I have studied and learned over the years including Thermal Management and Airflow Patterns. I worked on Scientific Insturments where these factors were a key in the machine performing properly or not. So I tend to use that knowledge and apply it in this field as well.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 12, 2010, 05:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I agree with you 100%. I do a shitload of builds per year, for myself and customers. More myself as this is my hobby and passion, and I want a taste of everything thats out there to offer. My comment was directed at those who believe what it written to be it and all without any room for budging. I give my advice and 2 cents base soley off vast personal experiance. I only use reviews as a mild indicator of what to expect and nothing more.
Old February 12, 2010, 05:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
I agree with you 100%. I do a shitload of builds per year, for myself and customers. More myself as this is my hobby and passion, and I want a taste of everything thats out there to offer. My comment was directed at those who believe what it written to be it and all without any room for budging. I give my advice and 2 cents base soley off vast personal experiance. I only use reviews as a mild indicator of what to expect and nothing more.

I know I was Backing you up

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 12, 2010, 06:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

my bad, i was elaborating a bit more. Forums suck to understand the true meaning during the back and forth of a discussion lol.
Old February 12, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks ST....very well put. The ultimate decisive factor when I puchased my TJ09 was Air Flow and dedicated GPU Cooling. Slam 3 GTX 280's in many other Cases and watch the Temps rise significantly. In fact when Imoved my HW from one Case into the TJ09 I saw very impressive drops in all 3 GPU Temps including significant drops in both CPU / Core and Ambient Temps.
I'm still messing around with Fan arrangements (7 x 120mm) to see which is optimal, positive pressure or negatie pressure......seems this is an ongoing debate.

Old March 29, 2010, 06:04 AM
Top Prospect

Well, this thread got interesting lol.

My friend picked decided not to bother with a desktop and picked up an Asus G73. Thanks for all the help boys!