Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2010, 08:08 PM
Top Prospect

That's the plan. With a GT 240 and the i3 530 I only need a 177 watt psu, and that's at all components at 100% load. Expensive though...
Old February 3, 2010, 08:21 PM
MVP

Yeah, well, that's the price you pay for performance.
Old February 3, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA MInni EVGA P55 Micro LE mATX LGA1156 DDR3 Crossfire 2PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 1PCI Sound GBLAN Motherboard

Old February 3, 2010, 09:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default 99$

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=47878&...nufacture=eVGA on sale 99$

P55V EVGA (fanboy thats me ) in stock
Old February 4, 2010, 06:40 PM
Top Prospect

Great news! The mini-itx board I want is up on newegg.ca!! Just gotta scrape some money together now...
Old February 4, 2010, 09:05 PM
MVP

Awesome! Which board is that one?
Old February 4, 2010, 09:28 PM
Top Prospect

This one. Newegg.ca - DFI LANParty MI P55-T36 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Although, looking at my case options, I'm tempted to go to M-ATX. Still debating. It's cheaper to go MATX but things are heavier and the cases are larger. ITX is nice and small, but it will be rather expensive, and cable managing would be hell. I dunno, I'm still debating.
Old February 4, 2010, 09:43 PM
MVP

Honestly, I think weight for a LAN rig is less of an issue than getting the right case; get a case with a solid handle and you'd be amazed how easy they are to move around. Take the Storm Sniper. It's a friggen huge mid-tower (not as high as a full tower, but as large in every other respect), but it's got these really solid handles on top, and when it came out it was praised as one of the best LAN cases out there. Granted the Storm Scout is a better LAN case now, but same concept applies.
Old February 4, 2010, 09:48 PM
Top Prospect

Now I have to resist the temptation to build a PC in a briefcase! I suppose you're right though, and with larger cases you can show off your junk
Old February 5, 2010, 06:00 AM
MVP

A computer in a briefcase...I love it! You'd just need to cut your fan holes, drill for standoffs and drives...I should start sketching.