Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2010, 05:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default budget Gamer

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
Gaming, watching 720p and 1080p tv episodes and movies.

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
$700

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
USA

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

im an Nvidia, AMD, OCZ, and ASUS fan boy..

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
22in wide screen display at 1680X1050
Raid Max tornado

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
yea...

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
... LMAO OC its brains out of coarse.. and im gonna run on an Air cooling system

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
ASAP

9. What resolution do you use?
1680x1050

im poor as hell.. i got nothing.. i need a cheap build.. this is what i have chosen to build and i want suggestions/approval or disapproval

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
BFG tech Nvidia 260GTX
seagate barracuda 7200.12 RPM 500GB HD
OCZ StealthXstream OCZ 600SXS
4GB Gskill DDR3 1333
AMD Phenom II X4 955
ASUS Black DVD/CD burner/reader

and NO core unlocking for me.. im not taking any chances
Old February 2, 2010, 05:35 PM
Banned
F@H

in USA .....what's the name of those store that give away Intel CPU... may be a good place to start to shop..
Old February 2, 2010, 06:03 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
in USA .....what's the name of those store that give away Intel CPU... may be a good place to start to shop..
.... i despise intel.. im an AMD fan boy.. and im shopping off Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Old February 2, 2010, 06:56 PM
MVP

Few recommendations:
Swap out the motherboard for the 770T (or 770TA if you want SATA 6 and USB3).
Get a quality PSU. Go for a Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, or Seasonic.
I don't tend to recommend Nvidia right now, since they're overpriced and outdated. I'd say go with a 5770.
Try to swap out for a Caviar Black 640. Shouldn't be much more expensive and it'll be faster.
Since you're OCing you'll need a quality cooler. Pick up a Hyper 212 Plus for $30 (unless you already have a cooler lying around).
Old February 2, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Not sure about your power supply choice. It may be cheap but I don't think its too good. Spend a bit more if you can and get a better one. Less problems down the road.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:33 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
.... i despise intel.. im an AMD fan boy.. and im shopping off Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Ya but they must have good deal on AMD too at that place.. what is the name of those store.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:38 PM
Banned
F@H

Microcenter ..why I have to search everything here.... I know it was sound like Microbyte....go check there if you have one near you
Old February 3, 2010, 04:32 AM
MVP

My System Specs

i know the power supply is cheap but its quality.. i know it will function well cause i trust that brand.. i got a 400W OCZ for a friend of mine and he is probably running above 400W

im looking into ATI.. Nvidia is not making me happy.. my 250GTS isn't doing anything my 8600GT couldn't do... the 3D Mark Scores didn't even change much.. and since im an AMD fan boy im going for an AMD chipset meaning i have built in ATI GPUS and i can use it for hybrid cross fire.. i would like to go with a really nice north bridge on my MB but i want to keep it cheap

GPU:
Newegg.com - DIAMOND 5770PE51GT Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
or
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

CPU cooler:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm 2 Ball Low-noise Blue LED CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Last edited by kendallcschm; February 3, 2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old February 3, 2010, 04:41 AM
Banned
F@H

your cooler is a way to expensive get a 212+ it cost less and it's better

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long life sleeve CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Old February 3, 2010, 05:06 AM
MVP

My System Specs

except the one i chose is ENTIRELY copper.. it can keep things cooler than the hyper 212.... i believe copper is the most conductive material

is this board:
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
any better than this board:
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards