Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2010, 02:26 PM
Banned
F@H

Ok just a comment here.....if I don't crack my motherboard with my Noctua d14... you have nothing to be worry about cooler, all true the Pure Copper One from Thermaright .. manufacturer start to put weight bar at the back of the board. Probably more for transport reason. but it does not look that new Cooler will go on diet.
Old February 3, 2010, 02:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
If you would care to read my post, I did specifically state that.

There is very little variation between most heatsinks as far as the nature of the aluminum alloy used.

No, not at all. Copper is an ideal material for heatpipes because it is very easy to deform, and it conducts heat very well. In terms of the design of most modern heatsinks, the heatpipes are actually the most critical components for heat transfer, so it makes sense to construct them out of copper. However, for the fins, Aluminum is actually a very good choice since it is a stronger material than copper, it is much less dense, it is cheaper, and it still has good thermal properties.

To use a crude example, a big block of copper is not nearly as good of a cooler as a finned aluminum heatsink. To be more specific, with heatsinks nowadays, the main critical factors are heat transfer from the CPU to the heatsink, heatpipes, and fin surface area. For the first two, copper is very useful, which is why all high-end heatsinks use copper bases and heatpipes. However, as far as the fins go, surface area is the most important factor, especially since nowadays we tend to pair heatsinks with very large fans. It's very advantageous to use aluminum fins from a practicality perspective, due to the material properties I mentioned above.
One Day I'll multi-quote to get this all done right. Lets not Drag the poor OP all the way off topic. I do tend to disagree with a lot of what you have stated here for fact? But I'd rather you and I have this discussion elsewhere than crap all over this thread. Fair enough?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 3, 2010, 03:27 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

May I add that aluminum is easier to work with, so you are able to do more complex shape than copper for the same price.

And aluminum resist corrosion too.
Old February 3, 2010, 05:01 PM
MVP

Regardless of the thermal properties of the two materials for use in heatsinks, can we all agree that the Hyper 212 Plus is the best heatsink for the OP due to cost / performance?
Old February 3, 2010, 05:03 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
Regardless of the thermal properties of the two materials for use in heatsinks, can we all agree that the Hyper 212 Plus is the best heatsink for the OP due to cost / performance?

agree at 212%
Old February 3, 2010, 05:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
One Day I'll multi-quote to get this all done right. Lets not Drag the poor OP all the way off topic. I do tend to disagree with a lot of what you have stated here for fact? But I'd rather you and I have this discussion elsewhere than crap all over this thread. Fair enough?

ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
agree at 212%
thank you XD i was getting scared there.. lmao.. it was goin off topic.. so im getting:
Hyper 212
AMD Phenom II 955 block edition
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 RPM 500GB
GSkill Ripjaws 4GB
(ati radeon 5770) Newegg.com - DIAMOND 5770PE51GT Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards OR Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply - Power Supplies

which MB is better?
Old February 3, 2010, 05:24 PM
Banned
F@H

Change me that drive Asap. WD all the way.. you have been so unlucky recently don't play with the fire again .
Old February 3, 2010, 05:25 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Change me that drive Asap. WD all the way.. you have been so unlucky recently don't play with the fire again .
what drive do you suggest and which one of those motherboards would be better for me?
Old February 3, 2010, 05:35 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
what drive do you suggest and which one of those motherboards would be better for me?

I don't know enough the AMD board ... but trust the other guy they know what they talk about.

get a WD black 500 will be ok.. 5 years warranty..and ease to RMA.. I think it worth to try one.

For the board ask ST ( souultribunal) do it quick I'm afraid for his mental health... ( go read the Go team go in the folding you will understand ) actually I'm concern about a lot of guy in this folding team
Old February 3, 2010, 05:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't know enough the AMD board ... but trust the other guy they know what they talk about.

get a WD black 500 will be ok.. 5 years warranty..and ease to RMA.. I think it worth to try one.

For the board ask ST ( souultribunal) do it quick I'm afraid for his mental health... ( go read the Go team go in the folding you will understand ) actually I'm concern about a lot of guy in this folding team
i think my budget dictates the $84 MB...