Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2010, 06:51 PM
MVP

Sadly we can't all afford SSDs, especially not for storing games. Fast HDDs are still necessary, even though SSDs are faster. Besides, I never said it was the fastest, I said it was faster than the Caviar Black...which is true.

As for which is faster, here are some benchmarks: bit-tech.net | Review - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Review
Bear in mind that the Caviar Black it shows is the 2TB, which is faster than the 1TB.
Old February 2, 2010, 07:04 PM
Banned
F@H

oh boy you show us what you want....... and where is the 640 black the OP is interested to buy . and you select MP3 bench.... not very useful for a OS drive... and this a bias review, I trust only on AkG one...

look at this one,

bit-tech.net | Review - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Review

and this one

and also this one

Old February 2, 2010, 07:26 PM
MVP

Funny, how all three of the pages you posted to are IOMeter (which, aside from being synthetic, also just doesn't like some drives).

How about HD Tach?
Or Vista Boot time and Crysis Load time
Keep in mind, as I mentioned, that this is the Caviar Black 2TB, which is faster than the 1TB
Lastly, how about FCC?

Looks like the only area it didn't do well in was IOMeter. Funny, how the ones you showed seemed to only show what you wanted.

How the hell is this biased? What AkG one do you trust?
Old February 2, 2010, 07:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by µCephei View Post
No need to start up the F3 vs. CB war guys
Old February 2, 2010, 07:33 PM
MVP

Yeah, this is a little too late to stop. This pretty much happens in every thread we both post on. It's too bad since he's pretty knowledgeable (and I like to think I am too).
Old February 2, 2010, 07:34 PM
Rookie

If you want to debate this, start another thread or have a PM war but stop hijacking this thread
Old February 2, 2010, 07:35 PM
MVP

...but where's the fun in that?

Sorry, on the other forum I frequent, tangents like this happen all the time, so I'm used to it.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:08 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by µCephei View Post
If you want to debate this, start another thread or have a PM war but stop hijacking this thread
we don't hijack anything we work to find you the best drive.... can't believe it.

I'm just testing the kid , I call the with affection Google boy a little bit.... and until now he past the test...
Old February 2, 2010, 08:35 PM
MVP

...that was a test? No offense, and I'm flattered, but that's a little bit of a d*ck move.
Old February 2, 2010, 09:14 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
...that was a test? No offense, and I'm flattered, but that's a little bit of a d*ck move.

what is all about those d**k move are you all gay... why I don't give good suggestion