Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2010, 07:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I know , and I'm sorry you take it personally RJ, I don't means that AMD guy are google boy... it was a reply to Raserei , in each post he said that he read some place.... so the title of google boy... because I don't even read a review half of the time when I buy something. I make my own review my self. May be not the best thing to do but it's what I do.
So, basically what you're saying is that because I don't have the means to buy everything and then benchmark it myself, I'm not knowledgeable? First off, that's just plain mean. Second, yes, I have only been interested in computers since Summer of '08, but since then I've done plenty of reading on computer building, and a shit-ton of reviews. I don't know everything about everything (don't know a TON about Windows and monitors go right over my head) but when it comes to assembling a parts list I know what the hell I'm talking about. Third, you don't read reviews before you buy something? That's just plain stupid; you can't make informed decisions if you don't know how it will perform in comparison to other potential products.

Just because you and I don't see eye to eye doesn't make me an invalid source of information.

And finally, for the record, I don't say in every post that I read something someplace. I'll provide links to benchmarks often, though sometimes the source is a bitch to find quite honestly, so I don't do it for every post. I've yet to see you linking to any proof of your performance analyses, however. You cite unnamed sources more often than I do.
Old February 2, 2010, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I know , and I'm sorry you take it personally RJ, I don't means that AMD guy are google boy... it was a reply to Raserei , in each post he said that he read some place.... so the title of google boy... because I don't even read a review half of the time when I buy something. I make my own review my self. May be not the best thing to do but it's what I do.
No worries Mark, I new exactly who you were referring to, I was simply agreeing with you. Actually, I'm starting to think about building another rig (I'm getting bored), so likely an I7 860....or maybe another 720, this time a DO Stepping Chip though :)
Old February 2, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

To OP....think thiers someone on our FS thread looking to ditch a GTX 260 Core 216 OC Edition at an extremely reasonable price, pair that up with your BFG and you'll be right up thier performancewise with a new ATI Card at a fraction of the price ;).....then 6 months from now sell em and go Fermi.....or just keep em for Folding :)
Old February 2, 2010, 07:36 PM
MVP

Depending on the price ($130 or less, I would say) I could totally get behind that...in a big way.
Old February 2, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Well I'm very glad you "approve" of my suggestion Raser...whew !

"As I ponder performance vs value of the last 3 builds and 9 GPU's I've purchased in the past 18 months" ;)
Old February 2, 2010, 07:50 PM
Banned
F@H

You just tell it again... all your knowledge is from reading... excuse me but it's why I call a google boy..

Last edited by MarkOne; February 3, 2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old February 2, 2010, 07:54 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
No worries Mark, I new exactly who you were referring to, I was simply agreeing with you. Actually, I'm starting to think about building another rig (I'm getting bored), so likely an I7 860....or maybe another 720, this time a DO Stepping Chip though :)
if you don't plan to do folding or SLi or Xover with high end GPU , the 860 is dam fast. I still have not work on my 920 build tonight ..
Old February 2, 2010, 08:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ Well I'm very glad you "approve" of my suggestion Raser...whew !
...People here really dislike me, do they? Lol.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:46 PM
Top Prospect

Just get an Athlon X4 620 and call it a day. It's a $100 quad core. Can't really go wrong there.
Old February 2, 2010, 08:53 PM
MVP

Actually, cores unlocked or not, a PII 550 BE will do better in games than an AII x4.