Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2010, 09:25 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamon View Post
Woah... I don't want to start any feud here.... I just want to get some advice...

Is there any good reason why people would want to use folding over non-folding...?

It's good to try to find the cure of cancer but personally I believe the answer to cancer is the same as the cure to eternal life and stopping evolution (cancer is cause by cell mutations) in order to eliminate cancer, you will have to eliminate cell mutations, if you eliminate cell mutations, evolution would stop.

I am going to stick with my rig for the most part. Except for the PSU unless I find it cheap. I will update if anything happens. I am trying to make my rig flexible right now so I am ready for i9 and Fermi when it comes out...

Cheers, mate.
Lol. You didn't start the feud (which I believe is largely over now), it was just our differing opinions getting the better of us (largely me).

My theory on the cure for cancer:
The only reason cancer grows unchecked is because an enzyme, telomerase, allows cancerous cells to replenish telomeres (hard to explain exactly what they do and how they work) thereby allowing the cell to reproduce indefinitely. When we can understand the control of telomerase, we'll be able to manipulate cancer cells so they can reproduce only 50-60 times, not nearly enough to cause a tumor. Furthermore, we'll be able to extend telomeres on normal cells, largely preventing aging.

That said, Folding@home does more than cancer; it does general protein-folding research, which also helps diseases such as Parkinsons and Alzheimers diseases.

Also, @Militant, yeah, remember that dispute with MarkOne I mentioned? This was it. It's basically over, so don't patronize me.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Relax folks and keep it civil. If you have to resort to swearing to try and get a Point Across then perhaps you should not make the post in the first place.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 6, 2010, 10:34 PM
MVP

As I said to Militant, yeah, that conflict has been dealt with. Nothing to worry about.