Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Oh **** off. You know as well as I do that power consumption is important, and there's no reason to waste power running a 260 for PhysX. Just because my opinion on the best choice differs from yours doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it.
Hey Raser....for a new Poster here on this Forum I'd suggest you take a "chill pill".....really, this is (what I thought) was a Mature Forum

Old February 2, 2010, 08:38 PM
MVP

Sorry, I'm just pissed at his constant sardonic comments and undermining of my knowledge. I'll try to restrain myself.
Old February 2, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ No worries, simply remember that their are folks here with oodles of knowledge as well gained from physically putting together many Systems, we just have to ensure to respect one anothers opinions and assist "Posters" with decision making, not dictate.

Old February 2, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mark is being kind of a dick to Raserie, especially in that one post where he was saying that Raserie doesn't know anything because a year ago he "didn't even know what a PC was". But IIRC Mark didn't even know how to build a "gaming rig" a year ago, which he himself stated in one of his posts, even though from my understanding his profession exists of him building/repairing PCs and has been doing so for years. How do you not know how to build a gaming rig if that's what you do is build computers? A gaming rig just has higher performing parts compared to an office pc... Adding in watercooling and overclocking is another story I guess, but common bro. Not trying to bash you Mark but maybe leave out the sarcastic comments. I know your an older guy, and by older I mean older then me (21), so maybe explain yourself why you feel your choice is better or whatever without making fun of anyone which would be the more mature thing to do. Although, aren't we all a little immature sometimes :P Everyone was a n00b once, and everyone has an opinion. Power consumption is also a problem for some people because who would rather pay more for hydro then less? Right?

And BTW, yes it wouldn't be ideal to run a 260 for physx. A dual slot GPU that consumes that much power as a physx processor??? No way. You don't even need all of that power for physx either. Physx card should be single slot if possible and consume the least amount of power as possible. OP your build looks good. As for GPU I would go for a 5770 right now as they are cheaper then a 260, perform better in some cases and have the benefits of DX11. That or do what was suggested and pickup an even cheaper card like a 250 or a 9800GTX, if you can hack it and wait for Fermi if you need to. Although for the price of those cards new, you're better of paying the extra like ~$30-40 and getting a 5770. If you're a folder though, go Nvidia :)
Old February 2, 2010, 09:15 PM
Banned
F@H

Come on Raserei, I have to test your knowledge and humor a little bit... until now you pass with a

so testing is finish.. you pass the grade... and where is Martin. is always here to suggest build to peoples.. this GF ....and Philo course chicks....Martin get back to serious work here ASAP.
Old February 2, 2010, 09:26 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Mark is being kind of a dick to Raserie, especially in that one post where he was saying that Raserie doesn't know anything because a year ago he "didn't even know what a PC was". But IIRC Mark didn't even know how to build a "gaming rig" a year ago, ......

Ya and now I have no fun gaming anymore. I build folding rig now... since 3 weeks only. But do you thing I never build a gaming rig for someone ... I was meaning for my self. I start to game only last march... and I said I was here to keep up to date on new things. and what the H...this 260 as dedicated physx have to do. I was giving an option for the 260 the OP want to buy , I think I mention he can sell it to a folder , the 260 is a very hot item in the f/s section.
Old February 3, 2010, 07:58 PM
Rookie

Woah... I don't want to start any feud here.... I just want to get some advice...

Is there any good reason why people would want to use folding over non-folding...?

It's good to try to find the cure of cancer but personally I believe the answer to cancer is the same as the cure to eternal life and stopping evolution (cancer is cause by cell mutations) in order to eliminate cancer, you will have to eliminate cell mutations, if you eliminate cell mutations, evolution would stop.

I am going to stick with my rig for the most part. Except for the PSU unless I find it cheap. I will update if anything happens. I am trying to make my rig flexible right now so I am ready for i9 and Fermi when it comes out...

Cheers, mate.
Old February 3, 2010, 08:21 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamon View Post

I am going to stick with my rig for the most part. ......

Cheers, mate.

I tell you in my first post...go with your list... and this is my back up...

" Agreed with everything Mark stated above, btw your Rig looks great and welcome to the Forums!! "

and you will not regret to have a 260 , when it will be time to sell it to pay a part of the Fermi.. PM me , I always need one.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:52 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
Oh **** off. You know as well as I do that power consumption is important, and there's no reason to waste power running a 260 for PhysX. Just because my opinion on the best choice differs from yours doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it.
ANd your telling me ?
Old February 6, 2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamon View Post
Woah... I don't want to start any feud here.... I just want to get some advice...

Is there any good reason why people would want to use folding over non-folding...?

It's good to try to find the cure of cancer but personally I believe the answer to cancer is the same as the cure to eternal life and stopping evolution (cancer is cause by cell mutations) in order to eliminate cancer, you will have to eliminate cell mutations, if you eliminate cell mutations, evolution would stop.

I am going to stick with my rig for the most part. Except for the PSU unless I find it cheap. I will update if anything happens. I am trying to make my rig flexible right now so I am ready for i9 and Fermi when it comes out...

Cheers, mate.
Well said ! your not currently doing research into cell mutation are you? its a very interesting feild. there was a study released not long ago about that subject and the specific protein that caused the cell mutations can possibly be controlled and thus saving intel processors all over the world ! Some day we can stop the premature death of cpu's all over the world!