Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2010, 11:27 PM
Top Prospect

Default what fans should i get

so i was searching the yellopages today looking for a computer case, and ending up buying two becuase the guy charge me $5 each to get rid of them and they have not even been used. the one im using is mettalic green and i think it looks to be an apevia. There are four places for 90mm fans, i have two fans one of which is a blue led one. so what fans should i get that are cheap, also should i drill a hole on the top for a 200mm case fan? and on the side a 120mm or vice versa?
Old January 16, 2010, 10:53 AM
MVP

For smaller fans, I'd recommend Yate Loon. They're solid fans, and (most importantly) they're dirt cheap. As for the 200mm and 120mm placements, do you have a really high-end GPU / are you OCing your GPU? If so, I'd say put the 200mm on the side. However, if you have a hotter CPU that you're OCing, put it on top.
Old January 16, 2010, 11:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Drill the holes, and install 120mm fans. Best airflow / price ratio.
Old January 16, 2010, 08:13 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
Drill the holes, and install 120mm fans. Best airflow / price ratio.

i was looking at the delta fans becuase they are like leaf blowers, lol any good sites to buy from.
Old January 16, 2010, 09:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

Great fans if you're deaf to start with.
Old January 16, 2010, 10:14 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADay2Long View Post
Great fans if you're deaf to start with.

yeah so i heard, but they have some sick airflow, i dont care about noise though i have some decent koss headphones so its all good.
Old January 17, 2010, 08:49 AM
MVP

You say you don't care about noise, but imagine playing games with a chainsaw next to you. If you can deal with that, the Deltas are great. If not, stay the f--- away.
Old January 17, 2010, 06:54 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
You say you don't care about noise, but imagine playing games with a chainsaw next to you. If you can deal with that, the Deltas are great. If not, stay the f--- away.
ah man it couldnt be that bad, besides i got those decent headphones they are full size. i also bought a cooler master 120mm green led fan for the side, its a 90cfm are they any good?
Old January 18, 2010, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty sure any people even living with you will be deaf too. If you want cheap, go with Gelid Silent 12's you can pm them pretty cheap but not the most airflow. If you want better fans, Scythe S-flex 1200 or 1600rpm one's are extremely good or even Slipstreams. Yate loons arent a bad choice either.

Old January 18, 2010, 10:05 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Pretty sure any people even living with you will be deaf too. If you want cheap, go with Gelid Silent 12's you can pm them pretty cheap but not the most airflow. If you want better fans, Scythe S-flex 1200 or 1600rpm one's are extremely good or even Slipstreams. Yate loons arent a bad choice either.
i might get another scythe, but i allready bought the leafblower so i stuck with it hahaha