Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
Top Prospect

Thanks for all the advice and links!

Ended up getting a Corsair 750HX, which seems to be running well.

However, I would not do that again - this power supply is longer than any one I have had before. Since it is going into an Antec P180 case, this matters - it means the cables are running into the space where the 120mm fan used to be in the bottom section of the case!

I never thought about this when picking up the power supply - Canada Computers also had the 650HX, but I have been unable to find any specifications for these units, to see what the physical size of each is.
Old January 11, 2010, 10:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfielder View Post
Thanks for all the advice and links!

Ended up getting a Corsair 750HX, which seems to be running well.

However, I would not do that again - this power supply is longer than any one I have had before. Since it is going into an Antec P180 case, this matters - it means the cables are running into the space where the 120mm fan used to be in the bottom section of the case!

I never thought about this when picking up the power supply - Canada Computers also had the 650HX, but I have been unable to find any specifications for these units, to see what the physical size of each is.

Ahhh yes there is a Size difference on that one.
Your best best if Size matters , the Silverstone Strider Plus 750W (same specs as the corsair) is only 190mm Depth as opposed to the Corsair one.
I'd get that one instead.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 12, 2010, 09:31 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Ahhh yes there is a Size difference on that one.
Your best best if Size matters , the Silverstone Strider Plus 750W (same specs as the corsair) is only 190mm Depth as opposed to the Corsair one.
As they say, hindsight is 20/20.....

The Corsair is purchased and installed. Nothing wrong with it, so I was not going to return it. Just an inconvenient size.
Old January 12, 2010, 08:01 PM
Top Prospect

are the silverstone's any good? i plan on getting a 600 watt for a quad core setup.
Old January 12, 2010, 08:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuziwk View Post
are the silverstone's any good? i plan on getting a 600 watt for a quad core setup.
Most are, although some are mediocre. Which model are you looking at specifically?
Old January 12, 2010, 08:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuziwk View Post

Get this one, you won't be disappointed.

Very nice Enhance unit.

NCIX.com - Buy Silverstone Strider 750 Plus 750W Modular Power Supply ATX 24PIN 135mm Fan 60A 80+ Silver Black - ST75F-P In Canada.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com