Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2010, 03:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Extreme Gaming PC - ?

Hey guys, you can see the build I have been planning on building for a while now in my signature seeing as the only thing I have bought is the Case so far everything can be changed or upgraded besides waiting for the 300 Series GPU's from NVIDIA.

So if money was no object what would the best PC you could build be for the following:

-Heavy GAMING
-Best Graphics Possible
-Some video editing & rendering (I plan on getting into these types of things in the future)
- I am also a photographer nothing professional I just take HD photos and store them on my PC lol.

So what would be the best build for what I want, Cooling I have already purchased and figured out so just the:

-CPU
-RAM
-MOBO
-PSU
-HDD (SSD?)

I am asking you guys because I clearly don't know as much about computers as some of you lot who I have read have been into PC building for more than 25 years and I would like advice from the experts.

Thanks guys!
Old January 3, 2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
F@H

how much you want to pay for an Xtreme system, and what is this cooling you have already (p.s. the list on your signature is not what I call Xtreme)
Old January 3, 2010, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
how much you want to pay for an Xtreme system, and what is this cooling you have already (p.s. the list on your signature is not what I call Xtreme)
You are hard mark:P this is a pretty solid build but I hope you are ready to wait long for GT300. they will be out in end april and probably available in end may or june so...good luck.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 3, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

-CPU - I7 920
-RAM - Corsair Doms 1600 Mhz 8-8-8-24
-MOBO - Evga Classified
-PSU - Corsair HX 1kW
-HDD (SSD?) - Intel G2 80GB or OCZ Vertex 120GB and WD Black 640GB / 1TB

See "My System Specs" ...."extreme gaming build"

Old January 3, 2010, 05:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Well we are pretending money is no object, I have a GTX 360 Radiator from Black Ice with a LAING D5 Pump with adjustable speed using Feser One UV Blue Cooling Liquid Have not bought a CPU block yet but I do have my eye on one just can not find it. I would like to see your idea of a Extreme Build to me the build I have in my Sig is extreme lol please post a extreme build in your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
You are hard mark:P this is a pretty solid build but I hope you are ready to wait long for GT300. they will be out in end april and probably available in end may or june so...good luck.
Is it confirmed they will not be out until the end of April - June or is that just a feeling?

-
Thanks Rjbarker, looks similar to the build I had planned.
Old January 3, 2010, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's what always happen on the market my friend. Remember the first 8800 or Q 9000 quad series. If you also concider that now ATI card are rare and new Nvidia card will come from the same factory so stock will be even lower. And the GT300, because they have more transistor will be harder to make compare to ATI 5000 series so less and less availability. There is also something you have to concider toker. There is 2 type of extrem build.
Type 1 : little cock one:P were you buy all the expensive stuff only to tell other my PC worth more then your's
Type 2 : Best Buck for perf one : Where you get the best performance at great price. It dosen't matter to pay 1000$ more for a CPU when you can OC a 350$ to the same LVL.
You see my point? for me a extrem build is only a good and well balanced that have part from the high end section.

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 3, 2010, 05:27 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
You are hard mark:P t......

pretty hard . Xtreme means Xtreme no ? everyone have a 920, that's not xtreme.
Old January 3, 2010, 05:39 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokeR View Post
Well we are pretending money is no object,....... I would like to see your idea of a Extreme Build to me the build I have in my Sig is extreme lol please post a extreme build in your opinion.

I may call it enthusiast , but extreme your PC signature is between $ 2-3k , expect to multiply by 3 if you want my view of xtreme. . and that's only for my xtreme view of gpu and infinity 3 * 30" LCD still have to buy the other part.

be ready if you go the Nvidia way, ATI 5970 are $ 700. Nvidia until now have always be more expensive.

are you still on the budget, because I have to spend an other $ 3k on the cooling....
Old January 3, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
pretty hard . Xtreme means Xtreme no ? everyone have a 920, that's not xtreme.
You have a 920? Personally I don't :P

Martin_metal_88

Old January 3, 2010, 06:09 PM
Banned
F@H

why I will need a 920, they are the past not the future for my light internet use, my I7- 860 is pretty enough, for my gaming, a 920 is not better than my I5-750 , ( for now at least) I wait to see what Nvidia have to offer before buy a new gaming board, I want something with physx . and until that time Intel will may be have a new chipset. Asus are working on some amazing board too .

I enroll to an autocad course. I will need something powerfull this spring for it. so I keep my money for the new 6 cores and a nice Quatro GPU , something sweet for rendering , all true I have already a WS at work, dual xeon and cheetah drive. ( but work computer should not count )