Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1, 2010, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Question Odds and Ends

I was wondering if I could tap your brains?

First, where are some good LCD temp displays? I want to have 4 small displays (like the ROG poster screen only) showing temps 1 for CPU 1 for each GPU and 1 for water temp. The cheaper and simpler the better.

I need to find the motherboard thermostat wires that connect to the OPT ports on motherboards (used mainly for fan speed control controllable through the BIOS).

I need a simple inexpensive case with a black interior. I will be ripping everything out and don't want all the external USB/Power/Reset stuff to get in the way.. so the easier they are to rid the better. The more room behind the motherboard the better and mid-tower is preferred.

What will I be doing? I am not sure but I am just brainstorming for now... But it will be called "da Balls".

Thanks for your tips.
Old January 1, 2010, 02:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

NZXT Gamma. Or possibily you can snag my NZXT M59.
As for your other questions , no idea.
Old January 1, 2010, 03:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no tips but these guys might have something your looking for. FrozenCPU.com | 1.877.243.8266 | World's Largest Selection of PC Modification Supplies
Old January 1, 2010, 05:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

To plug into the motherboard:
Alphacool Premium Thermal Sensor Cable Products Model: 17502 [17502] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Bitspower Premium Thermal Sensor Cable Products Model: BP-TTS [BP-TTS] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

These look like they need to be mounted into something:
Scythe "Kama Thermo Mini" Super Compact Thermometer - White Products Model: TMMINI-WH [TMMINI-WH] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Scythe "Kama Thermo Mini" Super Compact Thermometer - Black Products Model: TMMINI-BK [TMMINI-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

These seem like they'd be fine standalone, and lots of backlight colours:
XSPC LCD Display Temperature Sensor - Blue Products Model: XSPC-LCD-TEMP-BL [XSPC-LCD-TEMP-BL] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
XSPC LCD Display Temperature Sensor - Green Products Model: XSPC-LCD-TEMP-GN [XSPC-LCD-TEMP-GN] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
XSPC LCD Display Temperature Sensor - Red Products Model: XSPC-LCD-TEMP-RD [XSPC-LCD-TEMP-RD] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
XSPC LCD Display Temperature Sensor - White Products Model: XSPC-LCD-TEMP-WT [XSPC-LCD-TEMP-WT] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
XSPC LCD Display Temperature Sensor - Yellow Products Model: XSPC-LCD-TEMP-YL [XSPC-LCD-TEMP-YL] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

I think that covers everything. As for the case, I'd agree with the NXZT choices. Cheapest black interior cases you'll find.
Old January 1, 2010, 05:59 PM
Rookie

jdrom17, thanks! You really helped me out!
Old January 1, 2010, 06:04 PM
Rookie

Kayen, GREAT NZXT does have some sweet cases. I really like the panzerbox.
Old January 4, 2010, 04:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah the panzerbox is great. Built quality is okay , not great, my M59 bothers me at times, and i'm considering getting a new case.
But black interior on the cheap +lots of room for fans for $45 why not (The Gamma)
Old January 4, 2010, 05:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

how does it bother you?

-Plato
Old January 4, 2010, 10:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
how does it bother you?
Side panels flimsy, as well as the fact they didn't have enough room behind the tray to have 24pin routed behind it.
As well as a generally not rounded enough corners for the cable routing holes.
But hell for $65, being the cheap asian teen i am, i take it .