My System Specs

Default New Rig Issues Advise Needed

Here is my system rig:

Mobo w/ CPU - Asus Crosshair III Formula w/ Phenom II Black 965

CPU Cooler CM V8

RAM - [Pending]

GPU Sapphire HD5870 Vapor-X 1GB GDDR5

Chassis - CM HAF 932

Hard Disk Drive - Western Digital 500 GB 32MB (Caviar), Western Digital 1TB 32MB (Caviar)

Power Supply Unit - Corsair HX Modular 850w

ODD - Samsung S223 22x DVD+-RW (SATA)

OS - Win7 Home Prem 64bit edition
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends, fitted the rig up with

-->> 2 x CORSAIR CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) Dual Channel Memory = Total of 8GB RAM

Tested on the first Mobo w/ CPU - Asus Crosshair III Formula w/ Phenom II Black 965, could only manage to boot up w/ a single 2GB piece of RAM. Anything more then 2GB would not boot the system.
Tested on the second Mobo w/ CPU - Asus Crosshair III Formula w/ Phenom II Black 965, could not boot up the system at all.
Tomorrow, the shop is gonna have two more brand new Asus Crosshair III Formula to test of if the whole system works and boots up.

Do you guys think the problem's with the Mobo - Asus Crosshair III Formula? Specifications states that >> **Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended. Does this has anything to do with my problem? Im using Windows7® 64-bit operation system.

Advise needed, thank you all XD
Old December 21, 2009, 06:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Its not a Memory Problem because you are using a 64bit OS. So you can forget about that one.

My question is , what revision of the 965 is that? C2 or C3? And does your BIOS on either board support either Revision?

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 21, 2009, 07:07 AM
Banned
F@H

those memory are not in the qualify vendor list of Asus, have you try the mem ok function of the board ?
Old December 21, 2009, 07:14 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
My question is , what revision of the 965 is that? C2 or C3? And does your BIOS on either board support either Revision?

Regards,
ST
Sorry, how do you tell which revision was it? Its a AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4mhz 8MB AM3) processor.
Old December 21, 2009, 07:18 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
those memory are not in the qualify vendor list of Asus, have you try the mem ok function of the board ?
Im sure the RAMs are working well, but no idea when it doesnt boot up when i fit 4 x 2GB all together. Like i mentioned the first board i tried only booted w/ one piece of 2GB, anything more doesnt boot the system at all. Its as described in my first post.
Old December 21, 2009, 07:28 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuB_Evo View Post
Im sure the RAMs are working well,
I don't say the ram don't work, I said they are not recommended by Asus , I always make sure to use RAm in their qualify vendor list when I build a system

Quote:
.Like i mentioned the first board i tried only booted w/ one piece of 2GB, anything more doesnt boot the system at all. .
it's why I said to use the mem ok button, it's suppose to fix problem like you have

Quote:
.Its as described in my first post.
Yes I read it, but it's look you have not check your manual, Asus refer to both the Mem Ok and the Qualify vendor list in the manual .
Old December 21, 2009, 07:58 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't say the ram don't work, I said they are not recommended by Asus , I always make sure to use RAm in their qualify vendor list when I build a system

it's why I said to use the mem ok button, it's suppose to fix problem like you have

Yes I read it, but it's look you have not check your manual, Asus refer to both the Mem Ok and the Qualify vendor list in the manual .
Sorry if i sounded alittle rude there. Didnt mean to put it that way but just to put the message across that the RAMs are tested to be working. Also i'm living in Singapore(Asia), the choices of RAMs are limited.

Can i know what the "mem ok button is"? So i can suggest it to the person who does the assembling for me?

The system is currently not with me so i cannot do that. Its still in the store. My mistake for leaving out this point.
Old December 21, 2009, 08:05 AM
Banned
F@H

check in your manual. they say how to use the mem ok, it's the small red button located at the side of the black reset button on the board.

from asus
Any memory is A-OK!

Memory compatibility is among the top concerns when it comes to computer upgrades. Worry no more, MemOK! is the fastest memory booting solution today. This remarkable memory rescue tool requires nothing but a push of a button to patch memory issues and get your system up and running in no time. The technology is able to determine failsafe settings that can dramatically improve system booting success.
Old December 21, 2009, 08:11 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
check in your manual. they say how to use the mem ok, it's the small red button located at the side of the black reset button on the board.

from asus
Any memory is A-OK!

Memory compatibility is among the top concerns when it comes to computer upgrades. Worry no more, MemOK! is the fastest memory booting solution today. This remarkable memory rescue tool requires nothing but a push of a button to patch memory issues and get your system up and running in no time. The technology is able to determine failsafe settings that can dramatically improve system booting success.
OH! Now that you described it i saw him hitting that "mem ok button" too. But it didnt boot up, also the reset button after that. Still nothing happens..
Old December 21, 2009, 09:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Two things.

@ MarkOne - The Qualified Vendor list is a guideline, not something set in stone. My Evo Board is working Perfectly on G.Skill Ripjaws and they are NOT on the qualified Vendor list for RAM modules. There are too many RAM types out there to make a complete list.

@ Pub_Evo - On the Box that you Purchased the CPU in, it will tell you what Revision of the CHip you have is. I suggest you Boot the board and install the OS with a single stick of that RAM you have (Because you say it boots after all on 1 stick) Once your OS is installed and Updated, Flash your BIOS to the latest version and then install 1 stick at a time, Reboot, check that it works and keep going. Some boards don't like having their Max capacity of RAM on first setup.
Just a thought,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com