Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2009, 08:03 PM
Banned
F@H

since I don't overclock the I7, I will try this cpu cooler, so I will not have to remove the motherboard, the review are not bad at all

Hyper TX3 - Cooler Master
Old December 18, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well it's a mini Hyper 212+ so it would perform pretty good but probably a little bit more noisy because it use 92mm fan.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 18, 2009, 09:49 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
since I don't overclock the I7, I will try this cpu cooler, so I will not have to remove the motherboard, the review are not bad at all

Hyper TX3 - Cooler Master
If you don't want to remove the motherboard, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 would be a better choice.
Old December 18, 2009, 10:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
If you don't want to remove the motherboard, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 would be a better choice.
I disagree. I've got the Xigmatek, and it was a nightmare to install outside of the case. I don't even want to think how bad it would have been in a cramped case.

Also, why not remove the mobo? It's not that hard once you know where everything goes and, while it takes some time, you'll end up with a better cooler.
Old December 18, 2009, 11:01 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
I disagree. I've got the Xigmatek, and it was a nightmare to install outside of the case. I don't even want to think how bad it would have been in a cramped case.
I disagree. I've got the Xigmatek, and it took me about 10 seconds to install with my motherboard already mounted inside my case.
Old December 19, 2009, 03:44 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Yes it's look a better cooler, but it's fit only on a 775 , but I will order it , today I remove my Q6600 water cooled from my Mozart, it will go in my Lancool , and I give it to my Dad, he only surf on the web and play solitaire. When I gone receive it I will just remove the stock cooler and place it

Quote:
I look at the instruction, it doesn't look more hard to install than a stock cooler, you just push the pins

Quote:
Also, why not remove the mobo? It's not that hard once you know where everything goes and, while it takes some time, you'll end up with a better cooler.
after 25 years of working in the field, I guess I know where the thing go , but removing the board is always a risk to damage something, I don't need the best cooler, it will not be OC, but after think about it, I doN't like vertical tower cooler, they don't cool the chipset and mosfet very well, so I will put the 1156 version of my trusty noctua c12p , this one make a realgood job and push air at the good place.

Noctua NH-C12P CPU Cooler Review

Old December 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I look at the instruction, it doesn't look more hard to install than a stock cooler, you just push the pins
Exactly. I don't understand why people complain about the push-pin mounting system. It's extremely easy to use.
Old December 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yes it's look a better cooler, but it's fit only on a 775
Ah yes, I forgot about that. There is an LGA1156 mounting kit, but I believe it requires a backplate.
Quote:
Exactly. I don't understand why people complain about the push-pin mounting system. It's extremely easy to use.
Old December 19, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yup:) When you want a good cooler for a stock clock CPU, also a cooler the will probably never move from there pushpin are probably the best. Personally I use backplate only on my main rig because want my CPU to be tight and because I change it every 2 or 3 months so pushpin would broke with time.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

What I do miss is the old P4 mounting system. That was really well designed. But the push-pin system is more versatile, and also allows coolers to be mounted in any orientation since it's a square hole pattern.