Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   which is these is the best choice for me (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/25947-these-best-choice-me.html)

Bobobear November 26, 2009 10:59 PM

which is these is the best choice for me

ASUS M4A79T+ 955 = 314$

vs

MSI 790FX GD70 + 955 = 304$

vs

GA-MA790XT-UD4P + 955 = 321$

which of these 3 mobo is the best to get with x4 955 c2 stepping. ocing is very important, i'm gonna be overclocking the cpu to the highest i can with a mugen 2. i'm most likely not going to xfire. this build will have to last 2-6 years for me.

will be used mainly for gaming and general use (homework,music,movies,surfing internet).

Neolithium_Wpg November 26, 2009 11:20 PM

GD70 has been hailed as a fantastic board and very respectable for overclocking potential. Nice bonus that it seems to be the cheapest of the bundles.

MarkOne November 27, 2009 04:13 AM

I don't know too much AMD board, but I will go also for the GD70... the gigabyte look sick with those colors..... and the Asus is absolutely horrible ( the look )

AmuseMe November 27, 2009 05:36 AM

I am in for the GD70. Even though I don't use one myself, I have heard/ read great things about them. Gigabyte has a good reputation with their boards - apart from the color! A gigabyte board looks like it was made from a "poo fan" (Noctua) that just ate a tube of Lego and puked them out.

KeepSix November 27, 2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmuseMe (Post 293070)
A gigabyte board looks like it was made from a "poo fan" (Noctua) that just ate a tube of Lego and puked them out.

^:clap:

I'm tempted to use that in my sig.

martin_metal_88 November 27, 2009 06:33 AM

Well Gigabytes are really great board, outstanding asus for sure, but yes their color scheme suck. The principal down side of MSI, is their warranty. I can't find the info on their site if they have cnahge it but last years it was 2 years part a 3 years labor or 2 years labor and 3 years part I'm not sure which one it was. Many of my costumer have been caught by that it was a bit frustrating for them.

MarkOne November 27, 2009 06:55 AM

from my distributor

MSI
Warranty - 3years limited since manufacturing date

that's an other thing that s... me in this business, If you have a board or what ever on the shelf for 1 year the customers lost 1 year. it should go with the purchase date no ?...

But they are not all the same , as exemple Intel give 3 years on their CPU . starting on the date of the puchase, If I remember well WDC give 3 or 5 years + 90 days after manufacturing date ( that's give a fair time for roll the stock, but still )

martin_metal_88 November 27, 2009 06:58 AM

wow mark your post are growing fast! you are about to reach me un few week at this speed. But here you have another great point.

MarkOne November 27, 2009 07:12 AM

those # means nothing.

martin_metal_88 November 27, 2009 07:30 AM

well they mean that you are a pretty active member which is good:)