Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19, 2009, 07:12 PM
Rookie

Default Soup and sandwhiches or building a less then $2000 gameing machine

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.

Gaming mostly (Left for Dead) but I also want to see what I can get it to OC to.

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread

Under 2k

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

AMD/ATI fandboy.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

Keyboard, mouse, speakers.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.

http://blog.sanriotown.com/victor5:h...andwiches1.jpg does this count?

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

A whole lot of OC

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?

anytime with in the next month as early as tomorrow

HAF 932 - CASES
Phenom II 965 - NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection. [...] omoid=1033 (going to make sure I find one of the 120w ones)
Crosshair III Formula - NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection. [...] cture=ASUS
OCZ Gold PSU - NCIX.com - Buy Quantum SE UltraDMA 2.1GB 9ms - In Canada. [...] Technology
ATI 5870 - NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection. [...] cture=ASUS (if I can find one in stock somewhere)
Not sure what ram I'm going to get yet need to check availability of the ones listed on the QVL.
Also just going to get a cheeper cpu cooler to just bide my time till I can afford the pieces for the liquid cooling set-up. Something like COOLING

I'm coming into some surprise money that I sometime in the next month and I'm looking to build a gaming comp to get me through a few years till I can afford to upgrade again. I'm looking to do a lot of overclocking on it and am going to be switching over to liquid cooling when I get the cash to build my loops. Will post for opinions on the pieces I choose closer to when I can afford it.
We Canadians live in a blind spot about our identity. We have very strong feelings about who we aren't but only weak ones about who we are. We're passionate about what we don't want to become but oddly passive about what we should be. - John Cruickshank

Last edited by Victom; November 19, 2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old November 19, 2009, 09:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have spent over 2000 on my system but for me to build my system and it is good for gaming and Home theater it cost me no more then 900 because I don't need the top of the line to play games I bought good used parts and they are great my computer is more powerful then every one that I know( not meaning anyone here hehe) I mean personally know. all I am using is a gygabyte aurora case ( bought new) and I bought 8gb ram 4 x2gb sticks ( but I only use 2x2) I bought a great 680i board off here for 100 freshly RMAed I just put a small fan on the nb got my PSU from here for around 110 750 real power, bought3 hard drives which sost about 80 each ( I run multiple Linux and MS OS) picked up a good dvd recorder and a tv card from ncix together cost around 90 and I still am using my old 3870hd card which has know problems playing any of the game that I play I bought that new for around 150 . then I bought all my water cooling stuff and which the most expensive was the stinger v8 block. if I didn't water cool I could have knocked off 250