$1000 Budget [gaming]
I have been planning on building a PC for some time now, but I'm not really sure where to start. As suggested by my title, the PC will be for gaming.
I have selected the following core components.
EDIT: I'm adding in the template from the sticky.
1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
Gaming, web browsing/web games, email, *minor* photo and video editing.
2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
I have no realistic preferences, as long as the drivers, price, and performance are right.
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
I have no current parts for a desktop other than a mouse. :|
6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
I haven't searched through threads. >.>
7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
In 2 months, around new years.
what game do you play/planning to play? What is your current budget(check our the sticky)?
I would use 4870 or 4890. 5770 are inferior then 4870 in current game since dx11 is still some time from being mainstream. And you save extra money.
IMO the first jump from 4 series should be 5850, unless you really eye yourself on dx11 game.
I've used gigabyte 790x and 785gx recently, both are very stable in stock. Are you planning to OC?
You can save a few $$$ on the psu and a wd black 500gb you don't need a 700watt for your build..
Also this deal is pretty good amd p2 955 be + 4 gb a-data ddr3 1600 for 250..
NCIX.com - Buy NCIX Gaming Bundle Deal AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition CPU & 4GB A-DATA DDR3-1600 C9 - 955-4GB-1600-C9 In Canada.
If you like Asus you can try the M4A79XTD EVO it has the 790X chipset you're looking for..
NCIX.com - Buy ASUS M4A79XTD Evo ATX AM3 790X DDR3 2XPCI-E16 2XPCI-E 2XPCI CrossFireX SATA Audio GBLAN Motherboard - M4A79XTD EVO In Canada.
Also I believe the 5770 is suppose to be as good as a 4870 but lose to the 4890.. I could be wrong though..
Make sure you get the 64 bit version of Windows 7 if you're planning to use more than 3 GBs of RAM.
get the 640gb black by western digital it is very fast because of its dual 320gb platters, in fact it is as fast as the older non veloci raptor hdds
Well, looks like I have a few questions to answer :blarg:
$112.99 AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Dual Core Processor Socket AM3 3.1GHZ 7MB Cache 80W Retail Box SKU: 39335
$132.99 Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P AMD790X ATX AM3 DDR3 2PCI-E SATA2 RAID Sound GLAN Motherboard SKU: 36174
Get that processor, and that motherboard....
I've been having a lot of luck unlocking that dual to quad using that combination.....
....and then it typically overclocks to 3.8ghz as well.....
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 PM.|