Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2009, 03:54 PM
Rookie

Default Water Cooling first time HELP

Hi guys,
I wanted to move into water cooling for obvious reasons such as ex stream cooling and for when friends look at my rig an go WTF FML I want that comp:D what im working with is a Antech 1200 case, thermalright ultra 120 extream, Rampage Formula mobo, E8400 chip, creative ex stream fatality sound card, 2 4850's in crossfire, Corsair TX750watt power supply and corsair dominator 1066 2gig ram. Alright now that every one knows what im working with lets move onto the actual point of this post, which is I read hardcore into water cooling about a year ago forgot everything now:( so I wanted to know what kind of setup to go with. What im looking for is cooling the cpu and both chip sets (north bridge and south bridge). Also were can I get these parts for the best price. Let me know the whole setup, will be relying heavily on you guys for advice. Don't want to spend too much I think the most 300. Also I want a quite setup but performance still there want to push the chip above 4.0GHZ.

Thanks for time guys.
Old October 15, 2009, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

WaterCooling Component Guide
Old October 19, 2009, 10:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default re

Hi sir

Well you will need a lot of reading to get started. Take your time!
Start with the link below and try to know more on watercooling. The better you know, the better you will be to choose the component.

You want to cool everything but still have a 300$ budget...
At this point you will need to make choices!

For example:
3/8 inner tubing or 1/2?
Compression fitting or clamp?
Double or tripple radiator?
Fan choice?
Pump?
Universal or specific waterblock?
Do I really need to cool the southbridge?
Do I need a fan regulator?

Start with this!
;)
Old October 19, 2009, 04:19 PM
Rookie

Thanks allot for the links an advice guys. I am planning on going with the Apogee GTZ, MCP655, MCR320, tubing inno lol i guess tygon or feser tubing, 1/2 or 3/8 im not shure how big the holes are on the rad and pump w.e is the closets i dont think anything bigger than the actual holes is better (why i think this is because there would b more fluid to cool thus taking more time to go around the loop because the holes are only so big and only so much can go in at a certain speed???). I dont know what those barbs are called the ones that go into both ends of w.e ur attaching ex. tube to pump outlet one goes into the tube other into the pump outlet n they both connect? as u can c im a lost cause on this stuff:D
Old October 19, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Swiftech APOGEE-GTZ Hi-Flow CPU waterbolock LGA755 hold-plate Swiftech APOGEE-GTZ Hi-Flow CPU waterbolock LGA755 hold-plate [APOGEE-GTZ] - $49.99 : DazMode, Watercooling enthusiasts store

good ptice on the GTZ

You might also want a reservoir- removes air bubbles from your loop quickly and makes it easier to fill.

The EK multioptions are really nice, but the swiftech ones are cheap and effective.

People used to swear buy large 1/2" ID tubing to maximize flow, but more recently people are starting to realize that the difference is neglegable, and smaller tubing is much easier to manage, and create a neat loop with. If you get 7/16" ID tubing, it will fit on the stock fittings of the mcp655 after warming up the tubing in hot water and will be less likely to leak.
Old October 20, 2009, 12:59 PM
Rookie

Is there any place I can drive to in Toronto GTA for water cooling parts or is online the only solution. If so what are the best and legit sites to order from. Will be ordering a complete set in about 3 weeks. Also in the summer time my comp heats the F#CK out of my room will this be taken care of if I go the water cooling route?
Old October 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeti View Post
Also in the summer time my comp heats the F#CK out of my room will this be taken care of if I go the water cooling route?
Nope, will still heat your room through rad....