My System Specs

Jealous of what?!.....

Old October 12, 2009, 10:56 PM
Rookie

The amazing price.
Old October 13, 2009, 10:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ Thats a US site in California...if your in the US the "amazing Price" point is moot.....if your in Canada and purchasing form that site...those are USD (although not much difference in exchange rate right now 3 cents on the dollar), but the Brokerage Fees certainly won't bee "free"..nor the shipping.)
Personally with your Budget I would have stuck to an X58 1366 Board and a 920 (faster) overall.

Oh...most folks are here do not get "jealous" over anyone elses builds...thats best left for the "kids" to sort out

Enjoy your build, post some pics in this Forum ;)

Old October 13, 2009, 10:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Thats a US site in California...if your in the US the "amazing Price" point is moot. Most folks are here do not get "jealous" over anyone elses builds...thats best left for the "kids" to sort out
It was a bloody joke, holy shit.

Quote:
Personally with your Budget I would have stuck to an X58 1366 Board and a 920 (faster) overall.
Yeah, yeah. >.>
Old October 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Post pics of the build bud...good luck with it...

Quote:
Yeah, yeah. >.>
Obviously you don't need our advice...you already know what is "best"....

Last edited by rjbarker; October 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old October 14, 2009, 11:08 AM
Rookie

Well when 90% of the people advocating for the i7 920 build refuse to back up their positions with verifiable facts and graphs, I get sick of hearing it. So yeah, I think by now I pretty much DO know what is best. I've only spent the last 50 days on this project.

Anyway.

One of my biggest questions is if everything will fit into my case of choice, especially with the rather large video card I will be using. Does anyone know for certain?
Old October 15, 2009, 10:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ Good luck....

Old October 17, 2009, 04:06 PM
Rookie

Gave a little update to the OP. I exchanged my PSU for a nicer one, nabbed a Caviar Green instead of a Spinpoint since Amazon was running a special, changed my ODD again and got rid of the peripheral purchases I made since the people I bought it from never sent the items. I did get my money back, though.

Let me know what you think.
Old October 17, 2009, 06:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If you're still looking for case suggestions I agree with the Lancool PC-K62 requests. I'll be using that if I do a build any time soon.
Old October 18, 2009, 12:19 AM
Rookie

Quick update: I made a mistake by buying the Caviar Green. I was cripplingly sick that day and was not thinking clearly and ended up making a dumb decision. I'll be trying to RMA this one or sell it and go back to my previous idea of a Spinpoint F3. The OP will be changed to reflect this.

Totally kicking myself for doing that btw.