Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 23, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I agree ..steel cases "shouldn't" be that expensive, but not all $300 alum cases have some of the features of the Corsair Case...I'd take that Corsair Case over my TJ09 in a heartbeat if:
1. I needed a new Case
2. I didn't mind steel over alum (but I prefer alum, much more forgiving on my back and joints moving it around, I'm always in and out of it fartin with cabling and stuff)

As for the HAF...sure its a good price for what you get, but I think the OP is looking for something a little more "distinguishable" than the HAF. imo the HAF is..well...a big steel box. The Corsair case, although expensive (for steel)..has some style and other very good features.

Don't know anything at all about the CM Cases...
I'll be hanging onto my TJ09 for a long time by the looks of things ;)

Old September 23, 2009, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I hear that the Corsair case is excellent for watercooling but not the greatest for air cooling.
Old September 23, 2009, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ No idea...its big ..great cable management and looks like it can be equipped with raft of 120mm Fans...I would imagine Case Air flow would be very good...thiers some members building with this case as we speak, perhaps they'll chime in with their hands on results...

Old September 23, 2009, 05:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Vintank, you have a very similar build to the one I'm making right now :) Make sure your price match the raven to bestdirect @ $205!
Old September 23, 2009, 06:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
Vintank, you have a very similar build to the one I'm making right now :) Make sure your price match the raven to bestdirect @ $205!
thanks I will do that, but after seeing the review of the corsair case, the hot swappable hdd's is a very very nice thing
guess I have to do some more thinking on the case it will either be the Raven or the Corsair

Pro for Raven is it is cheaper and a little lighter
Pro for Corsair a lot of room and hot swappable bay is pretty sweet, and the look is really really nice, and the cable management looks extremely easy in it

man oh man, if anyone is building with the Raven or the Corsair please chime in here and let me know what you like about working on the case as that is the most important thing initially

EVGA X58 Classified 3 SLI / i7 920 D0 / Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 2gb x 6 / Noctua NH-D14 / BFG 260 Maxcore / Corsair Obsidian 800D / Seasonic M12D 850w
Old September 23, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintank View Post
thanks I will do that, but after seeing the review of the corsair case, the hot swappable hdd's is a very very nice thing
guess I have to do some more thinking on the case it will either be the Raven or the Corsair

Pro for Raven is it is cheaper and a little lighter
Pro for Corsair a lot of room and hot swappable bay is pretty sweet, and the look is really really nice, and the cable management looks extremely easy in it

man oh man, if anyone is building with the Raven or the Corsair please chime in here and let me know what you like about working on the case as that is the most important thing initially
Raven comes tomorrow, I likely won't be building it this weekend but I'll have it out and take a look.

FYI I think the Corsair is lighter! Raven = 33lbs
Old September 23, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ You guys both have similar builds to mine...the Classified is a great Board..no issues at all with it. As a matter of fact I had the original Evga X58 vanilla Board and "stepped up" to the Classified upon thier release. When it arrived, I tore the rig apart, swapped out Mobo's (same CPU)..put it together and it Posted right away and loaded into Windows, think the only message I got was a "CPU install" message. Been running the original OS install and the original BIOS with no issues.
The only thing I'm going to add now is an SSD and install Windows 7.
You'll love that build!!!
JMCD...how do you like those 2Ghz Corsair RAM?...nice..

Old September 23, 2009, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ You guys both have similar builds to mine...the Classified is a great Board..no issues at all with it. As a matter of fact I had the original Evga X58 vanilla Board and "stepped up" to the Classified upon thier release. When it arrived, I tore the rig apart, swapped out Mobo's (same CPU)..put it together and it Posted right away and loaded into Windows, think the only message I got was a "CPU install" message. Been running the original OS install and the original BIOS with no issues.
The only thing I'm going to add now is an SSD and install Windows 7.
You'll love that build!!!
JMCD...how do you like those 2Ghz Corsair RAM?...nice..
Haven't got here yet! Should be tomorrow/Friday :D. I was only going for 1600mhz, but it was too good of a deal to pass up!
Old September 23, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Haven't got here yet! Should be tomorrow/Friday :D. I was only going for 1600mhz, but it was too good of a deal to pass up!
Where'd you order them from...I haven't seen them available anywhere...how much? (if you don't mind me asking)...I think I paid around $289 for my 1600 Doms last Feb...I know ouch!

Its alright..see thier in..

NCIX.com - Buy Corsair XMS3 Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-2000 CL 8-8-8-24 Core i7 Memory Kit - CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 In Canada.

About the cost of my SSD

I'll be curious to know whether you actualy need the fan on these...when gaming hard I felt my Doms with my fingers and they were barely warm to touch and we all know how hot the NB on the 759 Classy gets.

Last edited by rjbarker; September 23, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old September 23, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Where'd you order them from...I haven't seen them available anywhere...how much? (if you don't mind me asking)...I think I paid around $289 for my 1600 Doms last Feb...I know ouch!
EVGA Classified X58, Corsair Dominator GT 2000MHZ DDR3, Intel Core i7 920 D0

Really close to home! :P