Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8, 2009, 07:50 AM
Top Prospect

Default Need Help

So I have been looking for a new monitor for my new upcoming gaming build. On tigerdirect ATM there are a bunch of deals that I'm interested in....

(I like everything about this one except for I don't recognize the brand name)
Option #1:
Buy the Synaps 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor at TigerDirect.ca
Option #2
Buy the LG W2343T-PF 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor at TigerDirect.ca

I was wondering which monitor you think I should buy and I was also looking for some feedback as to whether or not option 1 is a good monitor

thanks in advance

(I also posted this in display units because it's a display unit question for a new build)
Old September 8, 2009, 10:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I'd stick to Samsung, LG and Dell. Then Acer, Benq, Viewsonic (high priced). These no-name brands probably use lower-grade panels and electronics meaning the picture quality probably suffers and it might break sooner than a brand-name.

Monitors I find are entirely subjective. Best off if you just find one that you can look at in person and determine if the colours look fine to you. Also play around with the settings on the monitor in store too if things don't look right to you, or reset it to default.
Old September 8, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

+1 jdrom17, in high tech brand is a big part of the quality most of the time. Stick with samsung and LG they are the best out here.

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||