Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 23, 2009, 02:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Question Help think of a name for new build

Hey guys just trying to think of a name for my new build coming in this week.. maybe you guys can help me brainstorm a cool name for the project ?

I like to name my projects after some of the components i guess cause that just makes.. my last build was with an NZXT Apollo case and 680i motherboard and used those components to name it "ApolloNF68" and i thought it just sounded good together.

So for my next build it will be with the components listed in my sig and im just stuck on giving this project a name lol.. its with a Raven 2 case, parts are all black pcb based so its a dark build i use Razer mouse combo/keyboard and they are all black / blue led.. i also have blue neon for the raven 2. soo yeah if you can think of anything cool to call it lets brainstorm
Razer Deathadder 3.5G || || Razer BlackWidow Ultimate || 3x 24" LCDs || Sony MDR-XB700 || Windows 8 Release Preview
Old August 23, 2009, 03:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

no comment.

Choosing a name for a build is the owner's (and no one else's) responsibility. IMO

Old August 23, 2009, 03:31 PM
Rookie

Hmmmmmmm..after thinking for a bit.. you should go along the lines of calling it Project Razer7..or Raven 7..or hmm.. as cowboy said its your responsibilty.. I've tried lol.

Yes I do have a money tree growing in my backyard, but that doesn't change the fact im still plain cheap.
Old August 23, 2009, 04:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

its too harddd
Razer Deathadder 3.5G || || Razer BlackWidow Ultimate || 3x 24" LCDs || Sony MDR-XB700 || Windows 8 Release Preview
Old August 23, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nevermore
Old August 23, 2009, 05:05 PM
MVP
F@H

I think you should name the rig:

Silent1MezzoRockz!!!!!!

Thats must my opinion though...

EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard $80 + Qualitas 73GB 10k SCSI $30
Old August 23, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1337 R4V3N

-Plato
Old August 23, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Now you've got me going with the edgar allen poe/the raven thing- how about "Pallas" -- Pallas is the name of a roman god of war, and also the name of a famous 18th century german ornithologist- AND- in the poem "the raven" it was a "pallid bust of Pallas" that the Raven was sitting on as he tortured the protagonist. So you've got sort of a geeky literati cool thing going :help:

Edit: changed alexander to edgar allen- WTF? must be the Kieths beer on the desk...

Last edited by Babrbarossa; August 23, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old August 23, 2009, 07:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Now you've got me going with the alexander poe/the raven thing- how about "Pallas" -- Pallas is the name of a roman god of war, and also the name of a famous 18th century german ornithologist- AND- in the poem "the raven" it was a "pallid bust of Pallas" that the Raven was sitting on as he tortured the protagonist. So you've got sort of a geeky literati cool thing going :help:
I like it.

However, as others have said, you should really try to find something that fits you and your rig for a name. I went with Phonetics simply because I'm in the Army, and it fits the many iterations of different constant builds I do. As I upgrade, I change to a different Phonetic to suit the new, improved, rig. It works for me.

You should try to do the same. Its YOUR rig and YOUR personal touches are going into it.

Make the rig yours too!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 23, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd love to help, but mine is named The Cube. Probably pretty easy to figure out why as well.
I suck with names
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Tags
raven build project